Our client, a global leader in human resource solutions, are currently recruiting for a Pensions Fund Accountant to join their specialist team in Birmingham initially on a 6 month temporary contract.
The Accounting Team is responsible for the preparation of financial statements and annual reports for pension schemes. The Pension Fund Accountant is responsible for the accurate and timely production of financial reports and associated information on behalf of pension scheme clients.
The Pension Fund Accountant provides high quality accounting support by:
- Preparation of financial statements and being the point of contact for Accounting matters for the clients and Pension Administration team
- Client Relationship Managers and auditors.
- Preparation of financial statements and trustee reports in an accurate and timely manner
- Providing support to the Accounts Team based out with the UK by liaising with clients and auditors
- Responding to written and verbal enquiries in a timely manner, in accordance with agreed procedures. Specifically this includes dealing with clients’ auditors and with resolution of queries.
- Managing the audit process for allocated clients
- Process and check amendments to data accurately and to ensure that reconciliations and calculations are completed within agreed timescales
- Tracking accounts preparation process in workload monitoring tool
- Maintaining required technical knowledge and behavioural standards and expertise, especially all regulatory and statutory requirements.
- Performing additional tasks as requested by your manager.
Qualifications, Skills, Knowledge:
- Ideally part qualified or equivalent (CIMA, ACA or ACCA or equivalent
- Experience in preparing financial statements in accordance with SORP and relevant regulatory framework.
- Experience in pension scheme accounting would be beneficial
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written
- Strong attention to detail and commitment to provide ongoing quality.
- Strong Mathematical and English skills.
- Competent in Word and Excel.
If you feel you have the skills our client are looking for and would like to find out more about the role and the company, please send through your CV quoting the above reference to email@example.com or call us today on 0121-684 1555