Our client, a leading independent and highly respected pensions consulting organisation are currently recruiting for a Pensions Fund Accountant to join their teams in Birmingham or Glasgow
The Accounting Team is responsible for the preparation of financial statements and annual reports for pension schemes. The Pension Fund Accountant is responsible for the accurate and timely production of financial reports and associated information on behalf of pension scheme clients.
The Pension Fund Accountant provides high quality accounting support by:
- Preparation of financial statements and being the point of contact for Accounting matters for the clients and Pension Administration team
- Client Relationship Managers and auditors.
- Preparation of financial statements and trustee reports in an accurate and timely manner
- Providing support to the Accounts Team based out with the UK by liaising with clients and auditors
- Responding to written and verbal enquiries in a timely manner, in accordance with agreed procedures. Specifically this includes dealing with clients’ auditors and with resolution of queries.
- Managing the audit process for allocated clients
- Process and check amendments to data accurately and to ensure that reconciliations and calculations are completed within agreed timescales
- Tracking accounts preparation process in workload monitoring tool
- Maintaining required technical knowledge and behavioural standards and expertise, especially all regulatory and statutory requirements.
- Performing additional tasks as requested by your manager.
Qualifications, Skills, Knowledge:
- Ideally part qualified or equivalent (CIMA, ACA or ACCA or equivalent
- Experience in preparing financial statements in accordance with SORP and relevant regulatory framework.
- Experience in pension scheme accounting would be beneficial
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written
- Strong attention to detail and commitment to provide ongoing quality.
- Strong Mathematical and English skills.
- Competent in Word and Excel.
In return you will be rewarded with an above average salary and award winning benefits package, working within a highly successful and growing company, which is taking a Hybrid approach to working patterns allowing employees to be able to spend some of their time in the office and some of their time at home.
If you feel you have the skills and experience our client is looking for, please contact us today on 0121=684 1555 quoting the above role and reference number to discuss the role and client company in greater detail. Alternatively, please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org, quoting the above reference and indicating your salary expectations.