We are looking for a senior pension administrator to join our ongoing team in Leeds.
The Pension Administration Business was established in 1993 and we provide a broad range of services including:
- Benefit administration
- Pensioner payroll
- Administration consulting services
- Scheme governance and trustee secretarial
- Bespoke one off projects
- Cash handling and preparing draft accounts
- PPF assessment administration services
- Data audits and data cleansing
- Specialist roles
- Managing a portfolio of clients as well as managing projects to ensure all deadlines and budgets are met.
- Checking manual and computer generated benefit calculations for accuracy and checking updates to the member database.
- Undertaking a proactive client facing role which will involve attending client meetings and communicating with clients, their members and advisors and will assist with promoting our admin services and systems to existing and potential new clients.
- Responsible for checking cash handling functions, liaising with the bank and investment managers as appropriate.
- Checking client pensioner payrolls, including calculation of net pay and arranging payments.
- Liaising with authorities including DWP, HMRC, The Pensions Regulator and the Information Commissioner.
- Deputising for the Team Leader as agreed and delegate where appropriate.
As a minimum, Maths and English at GCSE or equilavent grade 5 / C or above
The Certificate in Pension Calculations or progress with other PMI examinations is strongly desired
A strong background in DB pension administration is essential with experience of a full range of pension events
What's in it for you?
Core & Flexible Benefits:
- Competitive discretionary annual bonus
- Core benefits paid for by BW including life assurance, group income protection, private medical cover and 25 days holiday per year with holiday trading
- A generous pension scheme where we contribute 8% of your salary from day one of your employment
- Employee Assistance Programme to support you and your family through any concerns or challenges you may experience
- A comprehensive range of voluntary benefits to suit your life stage and lifestyle including a tech scheme, cycle to work scheme, dental cover, healthcare cash plan, health assessments, critical illness cover, extension of private medical cover or life assurance to family members, gym membership, travel insurance and a broad range of discounts at hundreds of retailers including supermarkets, fitness centres, travel and leisure companies
- Fresh fruit, hot and cold drinks provided free of charge in all of our offices
Giving Something Back:
- 1 paid volunteering day per year as a commitment to our Corporate Social Investment
- Support your favourite charity with the "Give as You Earn" option
- Match-funding for individuals raising money for a recognised charity
- Our corporate social investment programme is an integral part of what we do and is focused on ensuring that our overall impact is a positive one. We recognise that we have an impact that goes beyond our core activities.
Values: our values are PRINCIPLED, RESPECT, QUALITY AND PARTNERSHIP - they are important to us and we want them to be important to you as well.
Wellbeing: employee wellbeing has always been important to us and our approach is to create an environment where individuals will be engaged at work, successful in what they do and able to achieve their full potential, benefiting both their self and the business. BW offer a great range of employee benefits as we believe it's important individuals are supported in making choices which are flexible enough to meet their needs and help support their wellness.
Diversity: we are committed to having a diverse and inclusive workforce where people from all backgrounds, beliefs and perspectives can thrive, feel welcome and develop to their full potential. Our recruitment processes are designed to be fair and consistent and enable candidates to compete on a level playing field.
Your progression: we offer career progression opportunities and a focus on training and professional development to provide you with the tools and skills to thrive. We also offer study support for relevant professional or skills qualifications.
Other activities: we have clubs, sporting events, social, cultural and belief groups across our offices if you’d like to join in and meet like-minded people.