The Pension Administration Practice Area provides services to trustees of UK occupational pension schemes such as DB, DC, CARE and cash balance.
The Projects team provides support to the on-going administration teams by carrying out administration project work on both a regular and ad-hoc basis.
You'll demonstrate an understanding of the Pensions Regulator’s record keeping requirements and ensure the pension administration database is maintained so data quality standards are met. You'll check complex manual and computer generated benefit calculations and annual benefit statement calculations, as well as annual allowance calculations, SMPIs and Pension Savings statements and all related correspondence. You'll work with the Project Manager to create a Project Plan and proposed budget and take responsibility for all administration and payroll duties for new client implementations. You'll be required to provide updates at regular project meetings, including those held with clients and to read research, and understand Scheme documentation and legislation to produce a benefit specification. You'll be supporting the Pension Admin Projects team Leader in managing team workloads and ensuring that team members are performing effectively, developing junior members or deputising when required.
Ideally you will have a relevant degree, QPA or progress with PMI exams with a minimum GCSE C/Grade 5 in Maths and English. You'll have a solid background in Pension Administration with a strong understanding of Microsoft Office, particularly Excel, Word & Outlook. You'll also have knowledge of PRINCE 2 project methodologies.
What's in it for you?
Core & Flexible Benefits:
- Competitive discretionary annual bonus
- Core benefits paid for by BW including life assurance, group income protection, private medical cover and 25 days holiday per year with holiday trading
- A generous pension scheme where we contribute 8% of your salary from day one of your employment
- Employee Assistance Programme to support you and your family through any concerns or challenges you may experience
- A comprehensive range of voluntary benefits to suit your life stage and lifestyle including a tech scheme, cycle to work scheme, dental cover, healthcare cash plan, health assessments, critical illness cover, extension of private medical cover or life assurance to family members, gym membership, travel insurance and a broad range of discounts at hundreds of retailers including supermarkets, fitness centres, travel and leisure companies
- Fresh fruit, hot and cold drinks provided free of charge in all of our offices
Giving Something Back:
- 1 paid volunteering day per year as a commitment to our Corporate Social Investment
- Support your favourite charity with the "Give as You Earn" option
- Match-funding for individuals raising money for a recognised charity
- Our corporate social investment programme is an integral part of what we do and is focused on ensuring that our overall impact is a positive one. We recognise that we have an impact that goes beyond our core activities.
Values: our values are PRINCIPLED, RESPECT, QUALITY AND PARTNERSHIP - they are important to us and we want them to be important to you as well.
Wellbeing: employee wellbeing has always been important to us and our approach is to create an environment where individuals will be engaged at work, successful in what they do and able to achieve their full potential, benefiting both their self and the business. BW offer a great range of employee benefits as we believe it's important individuals are supported in making choices which are flexible enough to meet their needs and help support their wellness.
Diversity: we are committed to having a diverse and inclusive workforce where people from all backgrounds, beliefs and perspectives can thrive, feel welcome and develop to their full potential. Our recruitment processes are designed to be fair and consistent and enable candidates to compete on a level playing field.
Your progression: we offer career progression opportunities and a focus on training and professional development to provide you with the tools and skills to thrive. We also offer study support for relevant professional or skills qualifications.
Other activities: we have clubs, sporting events, social, cultural and belief groups across our offices if you’d like to join in and meet like-minded people.