The Pension Admin Practice Area provides services to trustees of UK occupational pension schemes such as DB, DC, CARE and cash balance.
We are looking to recruit a Senior Pension Administrator.
You'll be responsible for running the client on behalf of a Partner or one of the senior investment consultants, as well as helping to support and develop the more junior members of the team to meet their career objectives. You won’t be giving investment advice in your own right just yet, but you will be heavily involved in preparing advice. You'll have client contact and attend meetings from day one and you’ll be looking to be signed off as an Investment Consultant in the future. We will support your development towards this.
You will be managing a portfolio of clients as well as managing projects to ensure all deadlines and budgets are met. You'll be checking manual and computer generated benefit calculations for accuracy and checking updates to the member database. You'll undertake a proactive client facing role which will involve attending client meetings and communicating with clients, their members and advisors. You'll assist with promoting our admin services and systems to existing and potential new clients. You'll be responsible for checking cash handling functions, liaising with the bank and investment managers as appropriate. You'll also be responsible for checking client pensioner payrolls, including calculation of net pay and arranging payments. You'll also liaise with authorities including DWP, HMRC, The Pensions Regulator and the Information Commissioner.
You'll also be required to deputise for the Team Leader as agreed and delegate where appropriate.
Ideally you'll have a relevant degree, Certificate in Pension Calculations or progress with other PMI examinations. A strong background in DB pension administration is essential. You'll also need to have a minimum of GCSE Grade “5” or “C” in Maths and English.
What's in it for you?
Core & Flexible Benefits:
- Competitive discretionary annual bonus
- Core benefits paid for by BW including life assurance, group income protection, private medical cover and 25 days holiday per year with holiday trading
- A generous pension scheme where we contribute 8% of your salary from day one of your employment
- Employee Assistance Programme to support you and your family through any concerns or challenges you may experience
- A comprehensive range of voluntary benefits to suit your life stage and lifestyle including a tech scheme, cycle to work scheme, dental cover, healthcare cash plan, health assessments, critical illness cover, extension of private medical cover or life assurance to family members, gym membership, travel insurance and a broad range of discounts at hundreds of retailers including supermarkets, fitness centres, travel and leisure companies
- Fresh fruit, hot and cold drinks provided free of charge in all of our offices
Giving Something Back:
- 1 paid volunteering day per year as a commitment to our Corporate Social Investment
- Support your favourite charity with the "Give as You Earn" option
- Match-funding for individuals raising money for a recognised charity
- Our corporate social investment programme is an integral part of what we do and is focused on ensuring that our overall impact is a positive one. We recognise that we have an impact that goes beyond our core activities.
Values: our values are PRINCIPLED, RESPECT, QUALITY AND PARTNERSHIP - they are important to us and we want them to be important to you as well.
Wellbeing: employee wellbeing has always been important to us and our approach is to create an environment where individuals will be engaged at work, successful in what they do and able to achieve their full potential, benefiting both their self and the business. BW offer a great range of employee benefits as we believe it's important individuals are supported in making choices which are flexible enough to meet their needs and help support their wellness.
Diversity: we are committed to having a diverse and inclusive workforce where people from all backgrounds, beliefs and perspectives can thrive, feel welcome and develop to their full potential. Our recruitment processes are designed to be fair and consistent and enable candidates to compete on a level playing field.
Your progression: we offer career progression opportunities and a focus on training and professional development to provide you with the tools and skills to thrive. We also offer study support for relevant professional or skills qualifications.
Other activities: we have clubs, sporting events, social, cultural and belief groups across our offices if you’d like to join in and meet like-minded people.