The Investment Consulting Practice Area provides investment consultancy services to the pension schemes of UK companies and to some other clients such as charities. Barnett Waddingham is committed to providing the best possible service to all of its clients and to achieve this service we need talented, motivated and enthusiastic people.
As a result of continued growth we are looking for an Asset Transfer Specialist/Investment Administrator to join our Asset Transfer team.
The Asset Transfer team is responsible for transferring between £4bn and £6bn a year, with typical transactions ranging from £20m to £50m.
You will be responsible for managing the implementation of investment strategies, including the appointment of new investment managers. You will successfully design, project manage and oversee the transfer of assets for our clients.
You will work with the necessary parties to devise a plan for implementing changes in our client’s investment strategies. This will largely be the purchases and sales of pooled funds; however can include segregated and more complex investment mandates. You’ll manage risks and costs to the client, including out of market risk, timing risk and minimising transaction costs. You’ll draft and agree instruction letters and timelines with the various parties involved in an asset transfer. You’ll be involved in complex on-boarding strategies and multi scheme transitions. You’ll be required to draft an asset transfer strategy plan for the client which will include the agreed asset transfer process and also to implement and monitor the asset transfer strategy transition process. You’ll prepare post asset transfer reports setting out details of the activities undertaken. You’ll be responsible for checking and peer reviewing the work of colleagues.
As the role includes performing a regulated activity, you will fall into the Certification regime and be subject to the FCA Training and Competence rules
This role can be based at either of Birmingham, Cheltenham or London offices so please specify your preference when applying.
You will ideally be a graduate with strong numerical capability and the ability to demonstrate a sound mathematical background. You will also have strong analytical and problem solving skills. You’ll need to have effective time management skills as the ability to work on multiple tasks with shifting priorities, fluctuating workloads and changing deadlines is a requirement for this role. High accuracy, attention to detail and excellent communication skills plus a desire to study towards relevant qualifications are also needed.
What's in it for you
- Working for a company listed as being in the Sunday Times 100 Best Companies to Work For 2020
- A competitive (discretionary) annual bonus which has been paid out every year since BW's inception in 1989.
- A set of core benefits paid for by BW including life assurance, group income protection, private medical cover and 25 days holiday per year
- A generous pension scheme – we contribute 8% from day one of your employment
- A comprehensive range of voluntary benefits to suit your age and lifestyle including holiday trading, tech scheme, cycle to work scheme, dental cover, healthcare cash plan, health assessments, critical illness cover, extension of private medical cover for family, extension of life assurance for partners, interest-free season ticket loan, dining card with discounts of up to 50%, give as you earn to your favourite charity, gym membership, travel insurance and a broad range of discounts at hundreds of retailers including fitness centres, travel and leisure companies.
- Career progression opportunities and a focus on training and professional development.
- Fresh fruit and hot & cold drinks provided free of charge
- Sports & social clubs and groups
- Dress-down Fridays
- 1 paid volunteering day per year
- Match-funding for individuals raising money for a recognised charity
Values at Barnett Waddingham
Our values are important to us and we want them to be important to you too: Principled, Quality, Partnership and Respect.
Wellbeing at Barnett Waddingham
Employee wellbeing has always been important to Barnett Waddingham and we believe that wellbeing at work is an awareness of where issues can arise and balancing the needs of employees and the business. We have a number of programmes to support wellbeing at Barnett Waddingham.
Diversity at Barnett Waddingham
We want to have a diverse and inclusive workforce as we believe that it will provide us with high performing teams that will be the driving force behind our continued success.
Corporate Social Investment at Barnett Waddingham
As a firm, we recognise that we have an impact that goes beyond our core activities.
Our corporate social investment programme is an integral part of what we do and is focused on ensuring that our overall impact is a positive one.