An exciting opportunity has arisen to appoint a Pensions Officer within the fund’s benefit operations team. The West Midlands Pension Fund is a local authority Pension Fund based in Wolverhampton, West Midlands. The Fund is one of the UK’s largest pension funds, managing and administering the pension interest of our members and scheme employers. We currently have over 323,000 scheme members, 673 employers with £16bn of assets under management.
We are seeking a highly organised and flexible full-time Pensions Officer, with Pensions experience and good mathematical, communication and technical skills. These positions are based in the Benefit Operations team, where all activity is managed against a set of Key Performance Indicators (KPI’s).
The position includes responsibility for:-
- Processing and authorising deferment (early leaver) benefits, calculating refunds and processing Transfers and associated processes for members.
- Working to set targets and ensuring achievement of key performance indicators for the team.
- Supporting with the day to day management of the teams workload together with the Pensions Team Leader.
- Processing and validating all amendments to a member’s record that result from changes in employment and personal circumstances.
- Providing a comprehensive and responsive service to employers in regard to data queries and outstanding data
- To be responsible for ensuring that work is completed to a high standard through peer review of calculation, data output and correspondence on a regular basis and review of operational rejection reports.
In return we offer excellent development opportunities, plus a range of benefits that include a career average pension scheme.
For more information please click to apply
Previous applicants need not apply.
Closing date for applications is - 22 February 2021
City of Wolverhampton Council are committed to representing Wolverhampton’s diverse community and therefore strongly encourage applications from all applicants meeting the essential criteria. The council operates a guaranteed interview policy for disabled candidates, those who have previously been under our care and are over the age of 25 and veterans who have served in the military, where it is evidenced that the essential criteria of the post are met.