The Investment Consulting Practice Area provides investment consultancy services to the pension schemes of UK companies and to some other clients such as charities.
We are now looking for a Senior Investment Analyst to join us.
You'll be responsible for running the client on behalf of a Partner or one of the senior investment consultants, as well as helping to support and develop the more junior members of the team to meet their career objectives. You won’t be giving investment advice in your own right just yet, but you will be heavily involved in preparing advice. You'll have client contact and attend meetings from day one and you’ll be looking to be signed off as an Investment Consultant in the future. We will support your development towards this.
This role can be based at either of our Birmingham, Bristol or Cheltenham offices so please specify your preferred location when applying.
Ideally you'll be working within an actuarial or investment consultancy and will be nearly or newly FIA or CFA qualified with experience in Defined Benefit pensions. However if you are fully FIA or CFA qualified with other relevant investment experience, we'd certainly consider your application.
You'll be self-motivated with the ability to take personal responsibility for the provision of services to some smaller clients. You'll have strong problem solving abilities and be confident in answering queries raised by clients whilst also understanding who is best placed to research into or answer other queries. You'll be able to manage your own workload effectively along with that of small clients, which will include delegating work to other team members and ensuring timescales are met. You'll also have the ability to explain technical issues in simplified terms to trustees, scheme sponsors and more junior members of the team.
What's in it for you
- Working for a company listed as being in the Sunday Times 100 Best Companies to Work For 2020
- A competitive (discretionary) annual bonus which has been paid out every year since BW's inception in 1989.
- A set of core benefits paid for by BW including life assurance, group income protection, private medical cover and 25 days holiday per year
- A generous pension scheme – we contribute 8% from day one of your employment
- A comprehensive range of voluntary benefits to suit your age and lifestyle including holiday trading, tech scheme, cycle to work scheme, dental cover, healthcare cash plan, health assessments, critical illness cover, extension of private medical cover for family, extension of life assurance for partners, interest-free season ticket loan, dining card with discounts of up to 50%, give as you earn to your favourite charity, gym membership, travel insurance and a broad range of discounts at hundreds of retailers including fitness centres, travel and leisure companies.
- Career progression opportunities and a focus on training and professional development.
- Fresh fruit and hot & cold drinks provided free of charge
- Sports & social clubs and groups
- Dress-down Fridays
- 1 paid volunteering day per year
- Match-funding for individuals raising money for a recognised charity
Values at Barnett Waddingham
Our values are important to us and we want them to be important to you too: Principled, Quality, Partnership and Respect.
Wellbeing at Barnett Waddingham
Employee wellbeing has always been important to Barnett Waddingham and we believe that wellbeing at work is an awareness of where issues can arise and balancing the needs of employees and the business. We have a number of programmes to support wellbeing at Barnett Waddingham.
Diversity at Barnett Waddingham
We want to have a diverse and inclusive workforce as we believe that it will provide us with high performing teams that will be the driving force behind our continued success.
Corporate Social Investment at Barnett Waddingham
As a firm, we recognise that we have an impact that goes beyond our core activities.
Our corporate social investment programme is an integral part of what we do and is focused on ensuring that our overall impact is a positive one.