£24,000 - £29,000 plus benefits (Grade F13)
2 opportunities – permanent and 2 year fixed term contract
Manchester city center
We’re looking for a pensions officer to help us to deliver a first-class service to members of one the UK’s largest pension schemes. Right across our business, our renewed focus has seen us become the UK’s top convenience retailer, and we’re championing a better way of doing business for our customers, members and the communities we serve, so it’s an exciting time to join us.
As a pensions officer at the Co-op, we’ll look to you to provide a great service to all members of Co-op pension schemes. You’ll process a wide range of benefits for our members, using your specialist knowledge to handle a variety of different queries. If you can bring us experience of working in pensions along with a real passion for outstanding customer service, we can offer you a chance to develop your skills in a business that always puts people at the heart of its strategy.
What you’ll do
- make sure all member benefits are calculated and paid accurately and processed in time, in compliance with scheme rules and pensions legislation
- provide an outstanding customer service to all pension scheme members
- support the training and development of the team, mentoring and coaching your junior colleagues
- proactively contribute to the development of an environment of best practice and continuous improvement
- develop and maintain accurate records of all our members pensions information
- support the delivery of different project workstreams across our pension schemes relating legislation, scheme design and business strategy
This role would suit people who have
- pensions experience, ideally in defined benefits
- defined contribution pensions knowledge, this would be desirable
- an up to date understanding of relevant UK pension legislation
- great attention to detail and accuracy
- excellent communication skills, and the ability to adapt your approach to different audiences and situations
- good organisation skills, able to manage own workload whilst getting involved and helping others too
- the ability to mentor and coach junior colleagues
Here you’ll do work that matters. We’re a commercial organisation with a purpose beyond profit, you’ll have an opportunity to help us build a stronger Co-op and stronger communities. You’ll also get a package that includes:
- competitive salary
- coaching, training and support to help you develop
- pension with up to 10% employer contributions
- annual incentive scheme
- 28 days holiday (rising to 32 in line with service)
- discounts on Co-op products and services
Building an inclusive work environment
We’re actively building diverse teams and welcome applications from everyone. But simply having a diverse workforce is not enough. We aim to build an inclusive environment, where everyone can contribute their best work and develop to their full potential. We celebrate our differences and recognise the importance of teams reflecting the communities they serve.
We can make reasonable adjustments to our interview process according to your needs. And we offer a flexible working environment, so you can adjust your hours to suit your personal circumstances. You can find out more about Co-op people policies at colleagues.coop.co.uk.
As part of your application you’ll need to complete an online assessment. It will take you around 12 minutes to complete this test.