Drumroll is Barnett Waddingham’s creative agency providing innovative employee engagement strategies to our clients as well as supporting the whole firm with all member-facing communications. Our ethos is to deliver refreshingly straightforward communication.
We’re looking for a Communication Consultant to join our DrumRoll team, you’ll need to be passionate about turning complicated jargon into engaging content (with a focus on pension and employee benefits) with the person receiving your communication always at the forefront of your focus.
As a key member of our creative team, you’ll work in partnership with our clients to understand their employee’s needs and design and deliver engagement strategies. You’ll then be responsible for implementing these with the client and managing the ongoing strategy.
We’re a relatively small team who work closely together despite being split across five UK offices.
This is a 12 month FTC role and can be based at our Amersham, Birmingham, Bristol, Cheltenham, London, Leeds, Liverpool or Glasgow offices - so please specify your preference when applying.
Who are we looking for?
You'll be a team player who has previous experience in a similar role specifically employee benefits (both pension and total reward essential).
You'll also have a keen eye for detail, there are a couple of pedants in the team!
You'll be educated to minimum of GSCE Grade ’5’ or ’C’ in Maths and English. Given the role, you'll obviously need to have excellent verbal and written skills with the ability to communicate technical material to a non-technical audience.
What’s in it for you?
- Working for a company listed as being in the Sunday Times 100 Best Companies to Work For 2020
- A very competitive discretionary annual bonus with an unblemished record of paying-out every year since 1989 when the partnership was created
- A set of core benefits paid for by Barnett Waddingham including life assurance, group income protection, private medical cover and 25 days holiday per year
- A generous pension scheme – we contribute 8% from day one of your employment
- A comprehensive range of voluntary benefits to suit your lifestyle and stage including holiday trading, tech scheme, cycle to work scheme, dental cover, healthcare cash plan, health assessments, critical illness cover, extension of private medical cover for family, extension of life assurance for partners, season ticket loan (interest-free), dining card with discounts of up to 50%, give as you earn to your favourite charity, gym membership, travel insurance and a broad range of discounts offered via our Discounts platform (instant vouchers, reloadable cards, cashback) for hundreds of retailers, fitness centres, travel and leisure companies.
- Scope for career development – making sure you feel a sense of achievement and progression, the opportunity to study towards a relevant professional qualification
- Fresh fruit available to all staff free of charge along with free squash, teas, coffees and hot chocolate
- Opportunities to socialise or participate in sport, social or cultural activities
- Dress-down Fridays
- 1 paid volunteering day per year
- Match-funding for individuals raising money for a recognised charity
Values at Barnett Waddingham
Our values are important to us and we want them to be important to you too: Principled, Quality, Partnership and Respect.
Wellbeing at Barnett Waddingham
Employee wellbeing has always been important to Barnett Waddingham and we believe that wellbeing at work is about raising awareness of where issues can arise and balancing the needs of employees and the business. We have a number of programmes to support wellbeing at Barnett Waddingham.
Diversity at Barnett Waddingham
We want to have a diverse and inclusive workforce as we believe that it will provide us with high performing teams that will be the driving force behind our continued success.
Corporate Social Investment at Barnett Waddingham
As a firm, we recognise that we have an impact that goes beyond our core activities.
Our corporate social investment programme is an integral part of what we do and is focused on ensuring that our overall impact is a positive one.