Do you have at least a couple of years' experience administering DB / Final Salary pensions?
Are looking for a supportive firm, with high quality standards and who places employee wellbeing at the heart of the busines?
Are you looking for a firm that will help you study towards a PMI qualification?
If the answer is yes to these questions, then our experienced pension administration role in our Amersham office might well be what you are looking for.
We are proud to be a leading independent UK consultancy at the forefront of risk, pensions, investment and insurance.
The Pension Administration Business was established in 1993 and we provide a broad range of services including:
- Benefit administration
- Pensioner payroll
- Administration consulting services
- Scheme governance and trustee secretarial
- Bespoke one off projects
- Cash handling and preparing draft accounts
- PPF assessment administration services
- Data audits and data cleansing
- Specialist roles (secondments, expert witness)
- Support for trustees and in-house personnel
About the role
This role is based within our "ongoing" pension administration team. We will expect you to already have experience administering Defined Benefit pensions. You will be responsible for making sure that customers' pensions are accurately maintained and this will involve checking the work of less experienced members of staff as well as performing manual calculations.
About the person
- You have at least a couple of years' strong experience working for a commercial or third party administrator with DB pensions.
- You will be enthusiastic, people-focused and comfortable working in a busy environment
- You will also be the kind of person who likes to do a really good job, exceeding expectations wherever possible
- We need you to have at least GCSE (or equivalent) Grade C / 5 or above in both Maths and English
- Ideally, you will already have started to study towards a professional pension qualification but if not, we'd like you to be keen to get started and we will support you with this
What’s in it for you?
- Working for a company listed as being in the Sunday Times 100 Best Companies to Work For 2020
- Flexible annual leave scheme, a generous pension scheme and a competitive (discretionary) annual bonus
- A broad range of flexible (salary sacrifice) benefits to suit your lifestyle and stage
- Scope for career development – making sure you feel a sense of achievement and progression
- The opportunity to work in a multi-award winning pensions consultancy
- Fresh fruit available to all staff free of charge along with free squash, teas, coffees and hot chocolate – something for everybody!
- Opportunities to socialise or participate in sport, social or cultural activities
- Dress-down Fridays
- 1 paid volunteering day per year
- Match-funding for individuals raising money for a recognised charity
Values at Barnett Waddingham
Our values are important to us and we want them to be important to you too: Principled, Quality, Partnership and Respect.
Well-being at Barnett Waddingham
Employee well-being has always been important to Barnett Waddingham and we believe that well-being at work is about raising awareness of where issues can arise and balancing the needs of employees and the business. We have a number of programmes to support well-being at Barnett Waddingham.
Diversity at Barnett Waddingham
We want to have a diverse and inclusive workforce as we believe that it will provide us with high performing teams that will be the driving force behind our continued success.
Corporate Social Investment at Barnett Waddingham
As a firm, we recognise that we have an impact that goes beyond our core activities.
Our corporate social investment programme is an integral part of what we do and is focused on ensuring that our overall impact is a positive one.