We are inviting applications for a 6-month fixed term contract to help provide specialist pension management for a particular scheme we are working with.
- Are you an experienced pension professional, specifically in scheme secretarial and governance? Are you driven by client satisfaction and motivated to building and maintain strong relationships both with clients, advisers and with team members?
- Is your time management exemplary? Are you motivated to provide comprehensive and comprehensible service on time and within budget?
- Would you thrive in an environment where you are empowered and encouraged to take an interest in the growth of this capability?
If the answer is yes, we would love to hear from you!
To be considered you will have a high level of experience working within the pensions field and will be professionally qualified in APMI, FMPI or similar. Reporting into a Partner, you will ensure the timely delivery of the Pension Management services as a structured and profitable service line and to support the role of the Pension Management Consultant and Client Account Manager in achieving that objective. You will have previous experience in trustee secretarial services, scheme governance and project management.
This role can be based from any of our 8 offices.
The services we provide
The Pension Administration Business was established in 1993. Our core business is the provision of services to trustees of UK occupational pension schemes DB, DC, CARE, cash balance – and we will do this as a stand-alone “admin-only” appointment or in conjunction with services provided by other Barnett Waddingham Practice Areas. The services are provided from all of our UK offices and include:
- Benefit administration
- Pensioner payroll
- Administration consulting services
- Scheme governance and trustee secretarial
- Bespoke one-off projects
- Cash handling and preparing draft accounts
- PPF assessment administration services
- Data audits and data cleansing
- Specialist roles (secondments, expert witness)
- Support for trustees and in-house personnel
If you would like to work for one of the UK’s leading consultancies at the forefront of risk, pensions, investment and insurance, click to apply now!
What’s in it for you?
- Working for a company listed as being in the Sunday Times 100 Best Companies to Work For 2020
- A very competitive discretionary annual bonus with an unblemished record of paying-out every year since 1989 when the partnership was created
- A set of core benefits paid for by Barnett Waddingham including life assurance, group income protection, private medical cover and 25 days holiday per year
- A generous pension scheme – we contribute 8% from day one of your employment
- A comprehensive range of voluntary benefits to suit your lifestyle and stage including holiday trading, tech scheme, cycle to work scheme, dental cover, healthcare cash plan, health assessments, critical illness cover, season ticket loan (interest-free), dining card with discounts of up to 50%, give as you earn to your favourite charity, gym membership, travel insurance and a broad range of discounts offered via our ME2 Discounts platform (instant vouchers, reloadable cards, cashback) for hundreds of retailers, fitness centres, travel and leisure companies.
- Scope for career development – making sure you feel a sense of achievement and progression, the opportunity to study towards a relevant professional qualification
- Fresh fruit available to all staff free of charge along with free squash, teas, coffees and hot chocolate
- Opportunities to socialise or participate in sport, social or cultural activities
- Dress-down Fridays
- 1 paid volunteering day per year
- Match-funding for individuals raising money for a recognised charity
Values at Barnett Waddingham
Our values are important to us and we want them to be important to you too: Principled, Quality, Partnership and Respect.
Well-being at Barnett Waddingham
Employee well-being has always been important to Barnett Waddingham and we believe that well-being at work is about raising awareness of where issues can arise and balancing the needs of employees and the business. We have a number of programmes to support well-being at Barnett Waddingham.
Diversity at Barnett Waddingham
We want to have a diverse and inclusive workforce as we believe that it will provide us with high performing teams that will be the driving force behind our continued success.