Vanguard Independent Governance Committee – Self Invested Personal Pension
3 x Vacancies (Chairperson plus 2 x Independent Members)
Following the successful launch of our Personal Pension (SIPP) in February this year we are currently recruiting to form an Independent Governance Committee. The purpose of the Committee is to assess the ongoing value for money of pathway investments offered by Vanguard to customers accessing their pension savings. You will be supported by two Vanguard retirement and investment specialists who will also join the committee. Once established (which will include agreeing a Terms of Reference and undertaking a Value for Money assessment), we expect the IGC to meet quarterly throughout the year.
Taking a stand for all investors is nothing new to Vanguard – indeed it is our core purpose and the principle on which our success has been built upon since our formation in the 1970’s. Indeed, we're now top-rated by Which? magazine for value for money and customer satisfaction.
Where do you fit in?
Suitable applicants will share our passion for low cost investing allied to world class service and have demonstrable skills in the following areas.
- Customer focused: the successful candidate should be able to provide evidence of this in practice.
- Commercial and practical: the ability to take a long-term strategic perspective, aligned with anunderstanding of Vanguard’s needs and aspirations. A knowledge of operations management would also be an advantage.
- Post-retirement: excellent knowledge and expertise in the retail pension post retirement market is critical.
- Socially Responsible Investment: again, candidates will be able to demonstrate excellent knowledge and expertise and an awareness of these principles in relation to the work of an IGC.
- Free from potential conflicts: IGC (and/or Governance Advisory Arrangement) experience is an advantage but candidates will need to ensure that they are free from the conflicts that may arise as a result of holding similar roles with other providers.
If you wish to be considered for this role please click below to apply, submit a CV and cover letter outlining your suitability for the role and including remuneration expectations.
Recruitment Process/Indicative Timeline
- Closing date for applications: - Tuesday 7th July
- 1st stage interviews to take place by Friday 24th July
- Final interviews to take place by Friday 31st July
- Appointments confirmed by mid/late August
We are Vanguard. Together, we’re changing the way the world invests.
For us, investing doesn’t just end in value. It starts with values. Because when you invest with courage, when you invest with clarity, and when you invest with care, you can get so much more in return. We invest with purpose – and that’s how we’ve become a global market leader. Here, we grow by doing the right thing for the people we serve. And so can you.
We want to make success accessible to everyone. This is our opportunity. Let’s make it count.
Vanguard’s continued commitment to diversity and inclusion is firmly rooted in our culture. Every decision we make to best serve our clients, crew (internally employees are referred to as crew), and communities is guided by one simple statement: “Do the right thing.”
We believe that a critical aspect of doing the right thing requires building diverse, inclusive, and highly effective teams of individuals who are as unique as the clients they serve. We empower our crew to contribute their distinct strengths to achieving Vanguard’s core purpose through our values.
When all crew members feel valued and included, our ability to collaborate and innovate is amplified, and we are united in delivering on Vanguard's core purpose.
Our core purpose: To take a stand for all investors, to treat them fairly, and to give them the best chance for investment success