Our client, one of the leading independent UK pension consultancies has a superb opportunity for a Senior Pensions Administrator to join their growing team in Birmingham City Centre and take responsibility for providing high quality administration service for a portfolio of clients.
Day to day responsibilities include:
- Assists with workflow management, including checking system and non-system calculations and output performed by team members.
- Coaches less experienced administrators.
- Acts as a point of reference on technical issues and non-standard cases.
- Identifies Risk Events and raises these with the Team Leader so as to mitigate risk (financial, reputation and regulatory)
- Ensures the standard complaint procedure is followed by reporting all complaints and errors to the Team Leader.
- Escalates more complex technical queries and issues to the Team Leader and technical support team members.
- Ensures all work is logged onto and processed through the correct workflow process.
- Works with the Team Leader to improve operational efficiency and reduce costs.
- Develops and effectively communicates internal procedures and working practices and shares these with the team(s).
- Proactively seeks to develop own career by furthering technical knowledge and capability.
- Adheres to the firm’s Information Security standards, policies and procedures.
The following key skills and experience are required:
- Proven solid experience of day-to-day pension administration on DB/DB.Hybrid and CARE pension arrangements. A minimum of 3 years experience is required.
- Up to date knowledge of relevant pension legislation, regulations and technical developments affecting pension administration.
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications and experience using a pensions administration system.
- Experience of working in a client relationship focused environment, within pension administration.
- An ability to communicate clearly and concisely both orally and in writing.
- Organise time and workload effectively and works well under pressure.
- Excellent attention to detail and able to work quickly and accurately.
- A strong team member and works in a consultative, collaborative manner with others.
In return you will enjoy the following:
- A highly competitive salary
- Award Winning Benefits package
- Exceptional learning & development opportunities
- An excellent working environment with a strong social scene
If you feel you have the skills our client are looking for, please contact us today on 0121 684 1555 for a confidential discussion about the role and the company. Alternatively, please send in your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting the job reference and indicating your salary expectations.