Overview / Responsibilities
Wood is looking for a driven individual who has the project management skills and technical knowledge of the UK pensions market to become the Pensions Project Manager within the Wood Pensions team in Knutsford, UK. The position will be responsible for leading effectively and efficiently the development and delivery of the trustee and corporate pension strategy, whilst working with the systems team and Company/Trustee adviser for the implementation of these projects. This role will report into the Head of Pensions, and ideally demonstrate high levels of emotional intelligence and collaborative skills to work across the internal and external stakeholder group whilst forming part of the pensions leadership team.
Key focus areas for delivery include;
- Plan, manage and deliver the pension departments and company projects, this includes managing the key stakeholders, project team, timelines, budgets and reporting
- Proactively review projects and manage changes in project scope, budgets and proactively identify potential issues
- Develop detailed schedule/documents to track progress and measure project performance using appropriate systems, tools and techniques
- Work with a combination of waterfall and agile methodologies across the function, whilst managing the risk management documentation to minimise project risks
- Research issues at a high level and analyse the impact to design appropriate implementation processes, along with specifying, monitoring and analysing the management information required
- Identify related training needs and work with senior managers to develop the relevant procedure manuals
- Determine and assess the need for additional resources, and discuss with the Head of Pensions the appropriate resource requirements during project cycle
- Develop and maintain a wide range of key effective working relationships with the Trustees and their advisors
- Management of annual and monthly systems tasks – Pensions increase (inc. contractual), Bulk switch, Benefit statements, Annual Allowance, Document Archiving, Valuation, DC contribution checks
- GMP Reconciliation/Conversion Project - handle key aspects of the GMP reconciliation project including pension revisions, member communications, record updating, data entry and data analysis. Produce relevant and accurate pensions calculations, whilst utilising the various IT systems
- Oversee the build of proformas and other calculation solutions considering scheme and legislative knowledge.
- Ensure that where relevant currently legislation is considered and included in any delivery of proformas and calculation solutions.
- Communicate and work with administration and the actuarial teams to obtain sign off of the methodology used within the proformas and calculation solutions.
- Identify and implement improvements and efficiencies as part of the process of continual improvement.
- Formal staff management responsibilities including areas such as; conducting appraisals, setting individual and team objectives, performance management issues, timesheet authorisation and recruitment related activities as and where required
Skills / Qualifications
- Good experience in a project management position
- Prince 2 Practitioner qualified and experience of working within complex projects at all levels
Knowledge, skills and experience:
- Expert knowledge and experience of managing ideally pensions projects
- Strong stakeholder management skills
- Demonstrate advanced skills on Microsoft Word and Excel and the ability to manipulate data for analysis/reporting
- Develop and implement system and process requirements
- Ability to influence the strategic development and future operating model of our Pensions Administration and Pensioner Payroll System
- Effective management skills including awareness of management processes and motivation of staff
- Supports, motivates and coaches colleagues and shares knowledge to the benefit of the team and wider Company
- Excellent interpersonal abilities, able to forge strong working relationships with colleagues
- Excellent organisational and planning skills, both of self and other team members. Capable of anticipating, resolving and owning problems, identifying solutions to management as and when required
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.