Our client, one of the leading independent UK pensions consultancies has a superb opportunity for an experienced pensions professional to join their as a specialist projects senior administrator in their pensions projects department.
The projects team provides support to the on-going administration teams by carrying out administration project work on both a regular basis and as required on an ad-hoc basis.
Day to day responsibilities include:
• Communicate with clients, their employees, former employees and advisers
• Read, research, and understand Scheme documentation and legislation and translate into a benefit Specification
• Carry out activities in line with agreed service levels
• Assist with administration and payroll duties for new client implementations
• Check work of others to ensure accuracy and compliance with Scheme rules, procedures, and legislation
• Prepare manual calculations or spreadsheet proforma to test against system generated output
• Use strong data analysis skills
• Consultancy, project based or committee work as agreed
• Ensure that any customer concerns or complaints are processed correctly and raised with appropriate reporting Partners immediately
• Build strong, effective client and team relationships
• Liaise across Practice Areas
• Support effective team working and encourage the team to look for efficiency gains and opportunities to carry out chargeable project work
• Any other reasonable task as advised from time-to-time
The following candidate’s skills are essential:
· You will be educated to degree level or equivalent and will ideally have progressed with Professional pensions examinations.
· You will have demonstrable pension administration experience with up to date technical and procedural knowledge of pensions scheme management
· A strong knowledge of Microsoft applications particularly with Excel.
· Ideally you will have an understanding of Prince2 project management methodologies
· You will have excellent verbal, written and financial skills.
· You will have the ability to establish and continue good working relationships and the ability to work effectively under pressure when required.
· You will be self-motivated and committed to maintain professional and ethical standards
There is a very competitive benefits package available to the successful candidate including:
· Flexible working opportunities
· A flexible annual leave scheme, a generous pension scheme and a competitive (discretionary) annual bonus
· A wide range of flexible benefits to suit your lifestyle and stage
· Career progression opportunities and a focus on training and professional development
If you feel you have the skills our client are looking for, please contact us today on 0121 684 1555 for a confidential discussion about the role and the company. Alternatively, please send in your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting the job reference and indicating your salary expectations.