Our client is a leading international household name and they have an opportunity for an experienced senior level pensions administrator to join their in house pensions team as the Team Leader of Pensions Administration. This is a superb opportunity to move to the in house sector within a respected, professional team and demonstrating your skills and widening your pensions career.
As an experienced Team Leader, you will be able provide assistance to the Pensions Administration Manager in ensuring the day to day activities of the department are completed and that the efficiency of the department is maximised through supervision and training. Driving and delivering process change within the department.
You will also be responsible/be involved in the following
· Ensure that the Pensions Department continues to maintain service levels as agreed with the Trustee and that the department is fully compliant with Plan Rules and legislation at all times bringing any areas of concern to the attention of the Pensions Administration Manager.
· Manage the recruitment and training of temporary staff required.
· Work with the Pensions Administration Manager to ensure that the targets throughout the Pensions Department are met.
· Prioritise the workload of the department to comply with the deadlines and targets set by the Pensions Manager and to manage projects within the department ensuring the necessary resource is applied and that systems are in place to complete the projects. Where required to deal with telephone, personal and written enquiries in respect of employees, ex-employees, pensioners and other beneficiaries.
· Check pension administrators’ work on a daily basis to ensure that Service Level Agreement deadlines are adhered to reporting back where necessary any issues to be addressed by the Pensions Administration Manager. Authorisation of calculations and payment requests.
· Act as a point of escalation for Pension Plan members bringing any areas of concern to the attention of the Pensions Administration Manager.
· Maintain and develop management information statistics used to monitor departmental performance and efficiency against the Contract of Objectives and Service Level Agreements.
· Be aware of changes to the technical aspects of pensions including calculation methods, documentation and letters, current and historic Pension Plan booklets and Rules, HMRC requirements and pension legislation.
· Provide support to the Payroll Specialist when required on tasks such as pension increases exercises, Accounting for Tax.
· Record and monitor reportable events for the purpose of completing regular reports to HMRC and tPR.
· Ensure accurate member and Plan information is prepared and provided to Plan auditors.
· Meet all GDPR requirements and ensure data is handled and processed effectively and in line with legislative requirements.
· Build and maintain relationships with internal departments who provide services to the Pensions Department, e.g. Payroll, HR, and IT. Ensuring that the department receives information accurately and in a timely manner, resolving where necessary any issues that may arise.
Successful candidates will ideally need to have the following:
· Experience in Pensions Administration at a supervisory level, preferably at a team leader level. You will have a minimum of 4 years experience from either an in house or third party administrator.
· Analytical and capable of communicating at all levels
· Ability to take on extensive current and historic calculation methods, Rules and legislation and be able to store that information for use on a daily basis is needed
· Flexibility and adaptability in the face of constant change
· Attention to detail is essential as are strong Maths and English skills
In return, the successful candidate can expect a highly competitive salary and benefits package including attractive partner discounts and employee schemes. If you feel you have the skills our client are looking for, please contact us today on 0121-684 1555 for a confidential discussion about the role and the company. Alternatively, please send your CV to email@example.com, quoting the job reference and indicating your salary expectations.