An exciting opportunity has become available for the role of Team Leader with one of the UK’s leading pensions and benefit consultancies. As a result of continued expansion and new business, our clients are looking to recruit an experienced senior level pensions administration practitioner.
You will lead a busy team and manage the DB and DC client work allocated to that team. You will also be responsible for the day to day operational management of the team through effective and efficient workflow, resource allocation, and procedural matters which impact the team.
Some of your main responsibilities will include:
- · Proactively oversee people management and development of your team and ensure the team is working effectively, efficiently and achieves key performance indicators set by the Practice.
- · Liaise with Administration Manager on resources, workflow and client expectations.
- · Manage and support individual team member performance
- · Assess the capacity for introduction of new clients or project work into the team and allocate team resources to that work accordingly.
- · You will be the principal contact for an agreed list of clients.
- · Attend Trustee meetings to present on administration.
- · Identify non-standard events through work planning to ensure all work is charged requests and projects outside the agreed fee basis.
- · You will act as point of reference on technical issues – both DB and DC - and non-standard cases and ensures work allocated is processed in accordance with practice guidelines, documented operating procedures, quality standards and performance/service levels.
- · Take the lead in more complex/project work when required.
You will have a minimum of 5 years’ experience in the industry and ideally have achieved professional pensions qualifications. You will also ideally have the following skills:
- · Experience of team and workflow management and compliance with service quality standards.
- · Previous experience in the provision of effective, efficient and dedicated administration services to allocated clients.
- · Strong working knowledge of current pension legislation and the impact this has on the practice (both DB and DC).
- · Sound knowledge of Pension Administration operating systems
- · Strong commercial and business awareness.
- · Demonstrable people leadership skills and able to motivate and engage staff.
- · Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to influence at all levels.
- · Extraordinary attention to detail.
- · A consultative and partnering working style – both with colleagues and clients/members.
- · Analytically strong with a pragmatic approach to operational management.
Candidates can expect a highly competitive salary and award winning benefits package, The firm is committed to the personal and career development of all employees and this position offers excellent growth potential within a dynamic and growing organisation. If you feel you have the skills our client are looking for, please contact us today on 0121 684 1555 for a confidential discussion and the role and the company. Alternatively please send us your up to date CV to email@example.com quoting the job reference detailed.