Does your employer go beyond your expectations?
We are proud to be a leading independent UK consultancy at the forefront of risk, pensions, investment and insurance. We strive to employ staff who share our values and can bring special skills - enhancing the service that we provide to our clients.
Pensions Administrators are responsible for the day-to-day administration of pension schemes. They make sure that customers' pensions are accurately maintained and serviced. At Barnett Waddingham, we provide the following services:
- Benefit administration
- Pensioner payroll
- Administration consulting services
- Scheme governance and trustee secretarial
- Bespoke one off projects
- Cash handling and preparing draft accounts
- Data audits and data cleansing
- Specialist roles (secondments, expert witness)
- Support for trustees and in-house personnel
Don't have experience? You don't necessarily need it!
- You’ll ideally have some pension admin experience, however, if you have some experience in financial services, or wider office based experience, we can certainly consider your CV but either way, you'll be looking to develop a career in financial services!
- We are looking for enthusiastic people-focused candidates who are comfortable working in a busy environment and are confident in their communication skills.
- We need at least GCSE (or equivalent) Grade C / 4 in both Maths and English and preferably progression to A-Levels.
Are you driven by client satisfaction and motivated to building and maintaining strong relationships both with clients, and with team members?
Are you hungry to develop new skills and enjoy a challenge?
Does the opportunity to work towards a professional qualification excite you?
... If the answer to these questions is yes, we would love to hear from you.
What we offer
- Flexible annual leave scheme, a generous pension scheme and a competitive (discretionary) annual bonus
- A broad range of flexible (salary sacrifice) benefits to suit your lifestyle and stage
- Scope for career progression – we will encourage and support your personal and professional development if that is what you want
- The opportunity to work in a multi-award winning pensions consultancy
- Fresh fruit available to all staff free of charge (along with free squash, teas, coffees and hot chocolate – something for everybody!
- Opportunities to socialise or participate in sport, social or cultural activities
- 1 paid volunteering day per year
- Match-funding by Barnett Waddingham for employees supporting recognised charities
- Dress-down Fridays
Values at Barnett Waddingham
Our values are important to us and we want them to be important to you too: Principled, Quality, Partnership and Respect.
Well-being at Barnett Waddingham
Employee well-being has always been important to Barnett Waddingham and we believe that well-being at work is about raising awareness of where issues can arise and balancing the needs of employees and the business. Our aim is to create an environment which allows individuals to be satisfied at work, be successful in what they do and enable them to achieve their full potential. We have a number of programmes to support well-being at Barnett Waddingham.
Corporate Social Investment at Barnett Waddingham
As a firm, we recognise that we have an impact that goes beyond our core activities.
Our corporate social investment programme is an integral part of what we do and is focused on ensuring that our overall impact is a positive one.
- Our environment - we have an obligation to reduce the impact that we have on the environment and we consider our consumption, waste, and travel to set clear improvement targets.
- Sustainable development - we aim to avoid adverse social and environmental impact in our supply-chain by reducing the environmental impact from service contractors as well as purchasing products that meet recognised environmental standards.
- Ethical procurement - People in our supply-chain must be treated with respect and have clear employment rights; we would not knowingly use any service contractors who contravened any such issues.
- Charities and volunteering - Our employees make a valuable contribution through their volunteering - each employee is entitled to take one working day a year to volunteer for a recognised good cause. We also match any employee’s personal donations or sponsorship to recognised organisations and charities