This is a superb opportunity for an experienced, senior pensions professional to join the large in house team of an international household name on a 12 month FTC in the role of Pensions Administration Manager. In the exciting and fast moving role, you will be responsible for the following:
• The management of the day to day operations of the 4 defined benefit pension plans covering 11,000 pensioners, 7,000 deferreds and 700 active members
• The management of the day to day operations of the company’s risk benefit arrangements, (life assurance, incapacity and death in service pension provision
• Providing support to Manager – Pensions in relation to strategic pension and benefit projects
• Interpreting legislation and implementing a strategy to change systems and processes in a cost effective and efficient way for the department and company
• Ensuring compliance with legislation and maintaining good governance for each of the plans
• Providing guidance for members generally and those who are impacted by complex taxation issues
• Providing support and guidance to each of the Trustee Boards
• Membership of the DC governance committee with joint responsibility for making recommendations in relation to proposals for the DC arrangements offered by the company. Also assisting with the day to day management of the DC plan.
Ideally, you will have a minimum of 5 years experience in the industry within a DB and DC environment either in-house or at a third party provider with experience of Trustee meetings, member communications, risk benefits, investments, actuarial processes and pension administration systems
In addition the Pensions Administration Manager needs to have exceptional planning and organisational skills and be well disciplined. It is essential to have excellent communication and strong interpersonal skills. You must have enthusiasm and the capability to motivate and lead a team in a stressful environment. The ability to retain and pass on complex information as well as the flexibility and adaptability in the face of constant change is required. Strong Maths and English skills with an excellent eye for detail are needed. You must have the ability to see and understand problems quickly and come up with logical, pragmatic and workable solutions with the resources at hand.
An excellent benefits package awaits the successful applicant including an above industry level salary and benefits including participation in the employee car scheme.
If you feel you have the skills our client are looking for, please contact us today on 0121 684 1555 for a confidential discussion about the role and the company. Alternatively, please send in your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org, indicating your salary expectations. Please quote the job reference on all correspondence.