Would you like to gain in house experience within the UK’s 9th biggest pension scheme? We currently have a vacancy for a Pension Scheme Manager at our site in Farnborough.
As a Pension Scheme Manager, you will be Ensuring that schemes and arrangements are legislatively compliant. This role includes all pension arrangements both core, executive, approved and unapproved.
This role will provide you with the option in pride of working for a quality pension secretarial services and will have the ability to have their own take in this department. You will be part of the expansion of a leading pensions team.
Your main responsibilities as a Pension Scheme Manager will involve:
- Responsibility as Scheme Manager for one or more of the UK pension arrangements, support and advice to Boards and any underlying Committees
- Managing Trustee Advisors (Actuary, Legal and Medical) and daily management of the schemes
- Delivering services to the Trustee as set out in the Trustee PLC agreement
- Influencing the strategic direction and development of the Board.
- Assisting with development of, and implementation of, agreed benefit design changes. Respond to scheme related queries.
- Ensuring schemes are compliant with legislation and governance
- Maintaining compliance with all Scheme Documents, procedures, processes and guidelines
- Recommending and facilitating Trustee training having reviewed skills and competencies.
- Reviewing on behalf of the Trustees bulk member communications including Annual Reviews, Newsletters, Booklets and online communications and scheme specific webpages
- Overseeing delivery and communication of executive benefits to Senior Executive employees which may include 121’s.
- Supporting Trustees as required in engagement with the Company in relation to funding or change
- Exercise discretions as delegated on behalf of the Trustee and undertaking assessment of Trustee Effectiveness, implement improvements
Your skills and qualifications as a Pension Scheme Manager:
- Pensions background
- Small scale project experience on pensions projects
- Be able to show experience of providing solutions of conflicts
- Experience of de-risking projects, strategies, schemes on long term journey plans
- Investment strategies and projects experience, review and respond to pensions disputes and action as required
What we're looking for in you:
You should be able to manage senior stakeholders, while being able to make recommendations and solutions. You should be willing to listen to views and politely pushback as and when needed.
Benefits: Our employees receive an excellent benefits package which includes a competitive pension scheme, enhanced annual leave allowance and a Company contributed Share Incentive Plan. We also offer a range of additional benefits such as flexible working, an employee assistance programme, Cycle2work and many local and national employee discounts. Some employees may also be eligible for an annual incentive.
BAE Systems is one of the world’s leading global defence, security and aerospace companies. We work at the cutting edge of technology, creating more than 100 new inventions every year for customers in over 100 countries.
“If you’d like to make a real difference where it counts, BAE Systems is the place for you.
From keeping soldiers, sailors and pilots safe to helping countries prosper, from developing the next generation of supersonic aircraft to investing in the next generation of super-smart talent – at BAE Systems, we work together to give our customers an essential edge in protecting the things that really matter. Lives, livelihoods, ways of life.
As part of the Head Office team, you’ll be at the heart of this endeavour – working closely with our air, maritime, land and cyber and intelligence businesses to support our customers around the world.
Join us and you’ll be encouraged and rewarded to excel in this important work. Apply your talent where it counts”.
BAE Systems is an equal opportunities employer. We value diversity and welcome applications from candidates from all backgrounds. We particularly welcome applications from sections of the community which are currently under-represented at BAE Systems, including women, BAME and applicants with disabilities. Please note we will not use any personal information relating to your background at any stage of the application process.
Please be aware that many roles working for BAE Systems will be subject to both security and export control restrictions. These restrictions mean that factors including your nationality, any previous nationalities you have held, and/or your place of birth may limit those roles that you can perform for the organisation.
Due to the volume of applications we receive, we sometimes close our vacancies early. It is therefore advisable to apply as early as possible if you would like to be considered for a role with BAE Systems.