Would you like to influence the strategic direction of the BAE Systems pension schemes, working with senior leaders across the business? We currently have a vacancy for a Head of Trustee Services at our site in Farnborough.
As a Head of Trustee Services, you will be a Scheme Manager for the one of the BAE Systems schemes and have overall accountability for delivery of Trustee related services to all other UK pension schemes via Scheme Managers and Trustee Services Team.
This role will provide you with the opportunity to be part of a successful, professional and highly motivated in house pension’s team who are at the forefront of providing support to Trustees of one of the largest portfolio of pension’s scheme in the UK.
Your main responsibilities as a Head of Trustee Services will involve:
- Reporting to the Head of Trustee and Member Services, this is a senior position in the Group Pensions Team, providing support and advice to Boards and any associated Committees.
- Responsible for making recommendations as to the strategic direction,
- effectiveness and development of the Boards.
- Providing legislative advice and guidance to Trustees.. Ensure Schemes are compliant with legislation and related codes. Maintenance of all Scheme Policies, Documents, Procedures and Guidelines
- Responsibility for co-ordination and delivery of Trustee focussed services for all UK pension schemes
- Responsibility for the management, effectiveness and continuous improvement of the Trustee Boards
- Responsibility for management of Trustee Advisors
- Management of any formal Complaints, supporting discretionary member cases and exercising any delegations.
Your skills and qualifications as a Head of Trustee Services:
- Pension’s qualifications PMI or equivalent would be beneficial
- Pensions Industry knowledge and experience
- DB and DC pensions experience
- Managing Trustee Boards and Pension Schemes
- Pensions Legislation requirements and good practice (existing and emerging) knowledge and experience
- Direct team management experience or at least co-ordinating advisors would be desirable
What we're looking for in you:
You should have strong relationship and stakeholder management skills. You must be a confident communicator, be happy to work with all levels of individuals within the business.
Benefits: Our employees receive an excellent benefits package which includes a competitive pension scheme, enhanced annual leave allowance and a Company contributed Share Incentive Plan. We also offer a range of additional benefits such as flexible working, an employee assistance programme, Cycle2work and many local and national employee discounts. Some employees may also be eligible for an annual incentive.
BAE Systems is one of the world’s leading global defence, security and aerospace companies. We work at the cutting edge of technology, creating more than 100 new inventions every year for customers in over 100 countries.
BAE Systems Head Office is in Central London, with a number of support functions and functional specialists based in Farnborough, Hampshire. Head Office is home to a wide range of vital departments, from Strategy and Legal, to HR and Procurement. It is an exciting environment, where people at all levels in the business exchange ideas and develop new projects.
We pride ourselves on employing the best professionals around. Join us and you'll be part of something important; something you can be proud of.
Join us and you’ll be at the heart of BAE Systems corporate management. The sheer technical, commercial and cultural diversity of our worldwide business will give you enough challenge and variety to last a career. Throughout it all, we're committed to help you pursue your own ambitions and fulfil your interests within the business.
BAE Systems is an equal opportunities employer. We value diversity and welcome applications from candidates from all backgrounds. We particularly welcome applications from sections of the community which are currently under-represented at BAE Systems, including women, BAME and applicants with disabilities. Please note we will not use any personal information relating to your background at any stage of the application process.
Please be aware that many roles working for BAE Systems will be subject to both security and export control restrictions. These restrictions mean that factors including your nationality, any previous nationalities you have held, and/or your place of birth may limit those roles that you can perform for the organisation.
Due to the volume of applications we receive, we sometimes close our vacancies early. It is therefore advisable to apply as early as possible if you would like to be considered for a role with BAE Systems.