Do you have excellent DB pension adminnistration experience?
Do you have experience of a broad range of manual pension admin calculations?
Are you either PMI qualified or actively studying towards it?
Have you worked for a third party administrator?
if the answer is "yes" to these questions then we'd love to hear from you as we're recruiting in our flagship City office.
We are proud to be a leading independent UK consultancy at the forefront of risk, pensions, investment and insurance. Each individual delivers on our shared values and our commitment to ensuring the highest levels of trust, integrity and quality. We aim to continue our growth by recruiting talented and committed individuals that have the desire to learn and develop. We strive to employ staff who share our values and can bring special skills - enhancing the service that we provide to our clients.
The Pension Administration Business was established in 1993. Our core business is the provision of services to trustees of UK occupational pension schemes DB, DC, CARE, cash balance – and we will do this as a stand-alone “admin-only” appointment or in conjunction with services provided by other Barnett Waddingham Practice Areas.
About the role
This role sits nicely between the senior pension administrator position and the experienced pension administrator and reflects the additional pension experience you will have. It is based within our "ongoing" DB pension administration team.
You will be managing a portfolio of DB clients so we'd expect to see some similar experience on your CV
As you will be preparing both manual and computer-generated benefits calculations, we will need to see evidence of your technical expertise - if you get shortlisted for interview, you will be asked to take a technical pensions test as part of the process
Other elements of the role include but are not limited to:
- Maintain the member database; prepare computer generated benefit calculations and related correspondence
- Communicate with clients, their members and advisers
- Carry out and check cash handling functions, liaising with the bank and investment managers as appropriate
- Process and check client pensioner payrolls, including calculation of net pay, arranging payments, liaison with tax offices and preparation of year end returns
- Liaise with authorities including DWP, HMRC, The Pensions Regulator and the Information Commissioner
- Prioritise workloads and carry out activities in line with agreed service levels
- Read, research and understand documentation relating to each scheme, for example, deeds
- Check work of other team members, ensuring accuracy and compliance with scheme rules, procedures and legislationProject based or committee work, as agreed from time to time
- Prepare annual benefit statements
- Take responsibility for monitoring the completion of the annual report and accounts within agreed timescales
- Support effective team working and share knowledge to assist with the development of colleagues through coaching and training
- Any other reasonable task as advised from time-to-time
About the person
- You will be enthusiastic, people-focused and comfortable working in a busy, team environment
- You will also be the kind of person who likes to do a really good job, exceeding expectations wherever possible
- We need you to have at least GCSE (or equivalent) Grade C / 4 or above in both Maths and English and ideally, you will be educated to degree level, however, experience is more important to us
- We prefer to see a PMI qualification but if you're actively studying or would like to progress with this then it is something we'd consider supporting once you are settled in to the role
What we offer at Barnett Waddingham
- Flexible annual leave scheme, a generous pension scheme and a competitive (discretionary) annual bonus
- A broad range of flexible (salary sacrifice) benefits to suit your lifestyle and stage
- Scope for career development – making sure you feel a sense of achievement and progression
- The opportunity to work in a multi-award winning pensions consultancy
- Fresh fruit available to all staff free of charge (along with free squash, teas, coffees and hot chocolate – something for everybody!
- Opportunities to socialise or participate in sport, social, cultural activities, clubs and groups
- 1 paid volunteering day per year
- Dress-down Fridays
- Match-funding by Barnett Waddingham for individuals raising money for a recognised charity
Values at Barnett Waddingham
Our values are important to us and we want them to be important to you too: Principled, Quality, Partnership and Respect.
Wellbeing at Barnett Waddingham
Employee wellbeing has always been important to Barnett Waddingham and we believe that wellbeing at work is about raising awareness of where issues can arise and balancing the needs of employees and the business. Our aim is to create an environment which allows individuals to be satisfied at work, be successful in what they do and enable them to achieve their full potential. We have a number of programmes to support wellbeing at Barnett Waddingham.
Corporate Social Investment at Barnett Waddingham
As a firm, we recognise that we have an impact that goes beyond our core activities.
Our corporate social investment programme is an integral part of what we do and is focused on ensuring that our overall impact is a positive one.
- Our environment - we have an obligation to reduce the impact that we have on the environment and we consider our consumption, waste, and travel to set clear improvement targets.
- Sustainable development - we aim to avoid adverse social and environmental impact in our supply-chain by reducing the environmental impact from service contractors as well as purchasing products that meet recognised environmental standards.
- Ethical procurement - People in our supply-chain must be treated with respect and have clear employment rights; we would not knowingly use any service contractors who contravened any such issues.
- Charities and volunteering - Our employees make a valuable contribution through their volunteering - each employee is entitled to take one working day a year to volunteer for a recognised good cause. We also match any employee’s personal donations or sponsorship to recognised organisations and charities.