We are proud to be a leading independent UK consultancy at the forefront of risk, pensions, investment and insurance. Each individual delivers on our shared values and our commitment to ensuring the highest levels of trust, integrity and quality.
The Pension Administration Business was established in 1993. Our core business is the provision of services to trustees of UK occupational pension schemes DB, DC, CARE, cash balance – and we will do this as a stand-alone “admin-only” appointment or in conjunction with services provided by other Barnett Waddingham Practice Areas.
The primary focus for the CAM Team Leader will be the client account management with some staff and team management responsibilities in order to support the team to meet the client needs.
The CAM Team Leader will be responsible for developing and retaining good working relationships with a portfolio of clients, communicating with them regularly at a senior level by providing guidance and support. The CAM Team Leader will need to be accountable and take personal responsibility to ensure that service levels and quality standards are maintained. The CAM Team Leader will demonstrate an in depth understanding of clients’ needs, supporting them with complex and technical issues and ensuring that expectations are met and managed. There will also be a requirement to draft and review reports, attend client meetings and present reports and to assist with new business pitches and implementations. In addition the CAM Team Leader will be required to bring together internal “cross function” client teams to deliver projects and services on time and within budget.
The CAM Team Leader will be responsible for holding regular 1:1 meetings with their team members to discuss workloads, client issues and personal development and to ensure that each member is performing effectively whilst identifying any development needs. The Team Leader will also proactively manage the employee experience including holiday and flexible working requests and sickness and absence management.
The CAM Team Leader will motivate and facilitate effective team working whilst supporting the team to work efficiently by ensuring that team members delegate day to day tasks to ensure that clients benefit from value for money from our services. Also to hold regular team meetings and work alongside other team leaders.. The CAM Team Leader will take responsibility for ensuring policies and procedures are followed and to identify knowledge gaps within the team.
Candidates with a relevant degree or progress with APMI/FPMI examinations (or equivalent) would be preferred but we are more keen to see strong DB / final salary pension administration experience and client account management along with evidence of staff management and team leading.
A minimum of GCSE Grade “5” or “C” in Maths and English is required as are strong IT and presentation skills.
What we offer
- Flexible annual leave scheme, a generous pension scheme and a competitive (discretionary) annual bonus
- A broad range of flexible (salary sacrifice) benefits to suit your lifestyle and stage
- Scope for career progression – we will encourage and support your personal and professional development if that is what you want. This doesn’t necessarily mean climbing the career scale or pursuing a professional qualification but making sure you feel a sense of achievement and progression
- The opportunity to work in a multi-award winning pensions consultancy
- Fresh fruit available to all staff free of charge along with free squash, teas, coffees and hot chocolate – something for everybody!
- Opportunities to socialise or participate in sport, social, cultural activities, clubs and groups
- 1 paid volunteering day per year
- Dress-down Fridays
- Modern and comfortable offices where reasonable adjustments can be made in order for you carry-out your role in a safe and effective way