ITS was founded on 11 December 1990 and has concentrated on undertaking independent professional trustee appointments ever since. Our Executive Chairman Chris Martin was one of our founding Directors.
From the year 2000 we were wholly owned by the FTSE250 Company Jardine Lloyd Thompson Group plc (“JLT”) but were operationally independent from them. To avoid conflicts of interest we would not take appointments where JLT provided services to the Trustee Board.
On 1 April 2019 JLT was acquired by the Marsh & McLennan Group of companies (“MMC”), which includes Mercer. Consequently, ITS exited from the MMC Group with effect from 10 June 2019. ITS is now an independent business wholly owned by its Board of Directors. Being an independent, professional trustee firm has always been central to the culture of the business and the change of ownership reinforces this ethos.
The core team is, and has always been, based in London however our client list has never been London centric and we are steadily developing our regional presence.
About the role:
This is a newly created position following the change in ownership of the business, and this is a key hire in being able to take the business forward with its ambitious growth plans.
The Sales and Marketing Director will lead the continued development and delivery of the sales and marketing strategy.
Key responsibilities include:
- Working with the Directors, develop and deliver the Sales and Marketing business plan, consistent with the needs of the business strategy
- Provide leadership and oversight of the new business pipeline and process
- Support Directors in production of RfP responses and with pitch preparation
- Identify and develop prospects resulting in additional appointments
- Seek ways in which to increase ITS’ market presence and reputation with prospective clients and introducers
- Experience • Market knowledge – a deep understanding of the professional trustee market and that of our introducer firms
- Strategy and Direction – proven experience of designing and shaping a successful sales and marketing strategy
- Sales delivery – proven ability to generate new business and support sales delivery
- Personal and professional credibility – visibility and standing within the market to represent ITS at the most senior level and across the industry, in a way consistent with ITS’ brand values.