We are currently recruiting on behalf of our client for a Senior DC Pensions Administrator.
This role will require a person who has excellent administrative skills, who is customer focused and enjoys a challenging working environment.
You will need to have excellent organisational skills and be highly competent in Excel and be able to prioritise workload of multiple schemes and adhere to fixed time scales.
Job Responsibilities will include:
- To accurately calculate a variety of complex quotes and benefits.
- To develop manual calculations on excel for your own schemes.
- To hold meetings with both clients and trustees to explain your calculations and administrative processes for their scheme.
- Training and mentoring of junior members of the team.
- Check transfer value statements before being issued out.
- Draft letters and reports in relation to pension queries
- Ensure pension increases are accurately checked and run.
- Be able to confidently conduct and check bulk calculations.
- Be able to assist with providing support for annual reports and accounts.
- Taking ownership when authorising the sign off of valuation data.
- Dealing with ad-hoc client/member queries
- Complete/check annual scheme returns
- Suggest positive ideas and enhancements for the working practice.
- Ensuing pensioner payrolls are adhered to and managed.
- Audit pension renewals
Additional duties general duties will include:
- Completing timesheets accurately
- Logging workload
- Supporting other senior staff
- Taking ownership of personal development
- Occasionally carrying out other duties and additional responsibilities
- Minimum of 8 GCSEs including Maths and English
- A levels/degree would be advantageous.
- Wiling to study for professional exams
Essential knowledge, experience and skills:
- Minimum of 6 years’ experience of defines contribution pension scheme administration.