We are the largest mutual life, pensions and Investment Company in the UK, with Group funds under management of £118.9 billion and latest ProfitShare pay out to members of £142 million. Group businesses provide around 9.0 million policies and employ 3,976 people (figures as of 05 Feb 2019).
The Staff Pensions Team are responsible for the management and administration of all current and legacy staff pension arrangements. Due to the expanding responsibilities of the team, we have an exciting and high profile opening for a Trustee Secretary to assist in supporting two Trustee Boards and the Independent Group Board Committees.
What will you be doing?
- Assist and deputise for the Senior Company Secretarial Manager in the effective secretarial support to the Staff Pensions Schemes and Independent Group Board Committees including: Independent Governance Committee (“IGC”), With-Profits Committee and Sub-Fund Supervisory Committees.
- Manage the provision of governance and Secretarial Support to two staff pension Trustee Boards and one independent committee.
- Work closely with the Staff Pensions Team, Chairmen of Trustee Boards and Independent Committee members in compliance with legislation, terms of reference and the forward looking strategic agenda.
- Provide proactive governance advice and executive support to the Pension Schemes (including acting as the Trustee’s resource for projects where an actual or potential conflict exists between the Trustee and the sponsor).
What we’re looking for
- Previous experience of providing secretarial support to a Committee or Pension Trustee Board and with experience of pension schemes (either administration or management).
- Student or part-qualified chartered secretary with excellent administrative and IT skills and/or PMI qualified or working towards that qualification (desirable)
- Effective communicator with excellent interpersonal skills
- Strong organisation and time management skills.
Skills that will help you in the role
- Highly motivated
- Strong written style
- Ability to stay self-motivated and self-directed and a flexible can-do attitude
What we offer
- We've always been proud to reward employees by offering a number of benefits
- such as Pensions and Protection, Performance and role-related benefits, Lifestyle and Wellbeing
- Our culture comes from within, or to put it another way, it comes from our people. It’s what makes Royal London a great place to work.
- Our People Promise is something we live up to every day. We know we can rely on you, and you can expect plenty from us in return.
- Glassdoor have ranked as among the best places to work and this year we entered the top 10
We are an equal opportunities employer. We work hard to attract the best talent for our award-winning team. We believe that embracing difference makes us stronger. Our diverse people bring us different skills – whatever their educational background, disability, gender, age, sexual orientation, race, religion or belief.
In fact, the first pillar of our People Promise is designed to make sure you 'work somewhere inclusive'. We want to live up to this promise; it’s good for our people and good for our customers too, because our workforce should reflect our communities.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or disability.