Our client, a leading UK pensions consultancy, have a super opportunity for an experienced, senior pensions candidate to join them as a Pensions Administration - Team leader.
You will be reporting into the operations manager and your day to day responsibilities would include:
· Responsibility for team workload, activity and their team’s client portfolio
· Monitoring the team’s performance against Service Level Agreements, including annual benefit statements and annual accounts
· Motivation and facilitating effective team working and ensure the team looks for efficiency gains
· Responsibility for ensuring team members meet quality standards by adhering to policies and procedures
· Actively manage the team to adhere to specific targets and respond to the need for a rapid turnaround of work (specific for PPF Administration)
· Hold regular meetings with all team members and the wider client team to discuss workloads and client issues.
· Staff Management including mentoring, completing PDR’s for all team members and identification of training/development needs & solutions
· Support Senior Pension Administrators and Client Account Managers to provide the services and meet deadlines
· Ensure that any customer concerns or complaints are processed correctly and raised with the appropriate reporting Partner immediately
· Read, research and understand documentation relating to each scheme, for example, deeds
· Check work of other team members, promote efficiency and ensure accuracy and compliance with scheme rules, procedures and legislation
· Support and assist in consultancy project based or committee work, as required
· Maintain a clear understanding of how the PPF operates and the nature and type of compensation (specific for PPF Administration)
· Carry out complex calculations and tasks involved in working on PPF schemes (specific for PPF Administration)
Ideally, you will have a minimum of 5 years experience in the industry gained from either an in house, third party consultancy or from a more generalist financial services background. It is key to this role that you have strong people management skills and experience. You will have a sound and up to date knowledge of pensions issues but your experience could be financial services based. You will be a strong team player and have exceptional organisational skills. You will also be a reliable and confident team leader, able to guide and inspire junior team members. Progress with professional examinations would also be desirable.
There is a very attractive salary and benefits package including flexible annual leave feature, a generous pension scheme and a competitive annual bonus awaiting the successful candidate.
If you feel you have the skills our client are looking for, please contact us today on 0121 684 1555 for a confidential discussion about the role and the company. Alternatively, please send in your CV to email@example.com quoting the job reference and indicating your salary expectations.