We are proud to be a leading independent UK consultancy at the forefront of risk, pensions, investment and insurance. Each individual delivers on our shared values and our commitment to ensuring the highest levels of trust, integrity and quality.
We aim to continue our growth by recruiting talented and committed individuals that have the desire to learn and develop. We strive to employ staff who share our values and can bring special skills - enhancing the service that we provide to our clients.
The Pension Administration Business was established in 1993. Our core business is the provision of services to trustees of UK occupational pension schemes DB, DC, CARE, cash balance – and we will do this as a stand-alone “admin-only” appointment or in conjunction with services provided by other Barnett Waddingham Practice Areas.
The primary focus for a Team Leader will be on Staff and Team Management to support the team to meet the client needs. It is understood Team Leaders may be required to be involved in some Client Management.
- Hold regular meetings with all team members to discuss workloads, client issues and personal development
- Ensure that team members are performing effectively; identifying development needs and providing coaching and training where necessary
- Provide constructive feedback in order to improve the individual’s understanding and knowledge and to support their development
- Proactively manage the employee experience including requests such as holiday, flexible working, sickness and absence management, the identification of employee’s wellbeing needs and the induction process for new starters
- Undertake personal development reviews and mid-year reviews for all team members and set objectives to support development
- Work closely with the Talent Acquisition team during the recruitment process and conduct interviews in line with Barnett Waddingham guidance and policy
Team Management Duties
- Take responsibility for managing team workloads, activity and resourcing
- Develop and maintain an understanding of the tasks and activities undertaken by the team in order to best support them
- Be accountable for the team’s performance against Service Level Agreements matching resource with client responsibilities
- Delegate tasks where appropriate while retaining accountability
- Motivate and facilitate effective team working and ensure the team looks for efficiency gains
- Take responsibility for ensuring team members meet quality standards by adhering to policies and procedures and identifying knowledge gaps where these exist
- Work closely with other Team Leaders to promote the sharing of best practice and lessons learned
- Ensure that any client or member concerns or complaints are processed correctly and raised with the appropriate reporting Partner immediately
- Read and understand documentation relating to each client’s pension scheme
- Support and assist in project or committee work, as required
Candidates with a relevant degree, QPA or progress with PMI examinations would be preferred but we are more keen to see strong DB / final salary pension administration experience along with evidence of staff management and team leading.
A minimum of GCSE Grade “5” or “C” in Maths and English is required and a good understanding of Microsoft Office programmes, in particular Excel, Word and Outlook is also necessary.
What we offer at Barnett Waddingham
- Flexible annual leave scheme, a generous pension scheme and a competitive (discretionary) annual bonus
- A broad range of flexible (salary sacrifice) benefits to suit your lifestyle and stage
- Scope for career progression – we will encourage and support your personal and professional development if that is what you want. This doesn’t necessarily mean climbing the career scale or pursuing a professional qualification but making sure you feel a sense of achievement and progression
- The opportunity to work in a multi-award winning pensions consultancy
- Fresh fruit available to all staff free of charge (along with free squash, teas, coffees and hot chocolate – something for everybody!
- Opportunities to socialise or participate in sport, social, cultural activities, clubs and groups
- 1 paid volunteering day per year
- Dress-down Fridays
- Modern and comfortable offices where reasonable adjustments can be made in order for you carry-out your role in a safe and effective way
Values at Barnett Waddingham
Our values are important to us and we want them to be important to you too: Principled, Quality, Partnership and Respect.
Wellbeing at Barnett Waddingham
Employee wellbeing has always been important to Barnett Waddingham and we believe that wellbeing at work is about raising awareness of where issues can arise and balancing the needs of employees and the business. Our aim is to create an environment which allows individuals to be satisfied at work, be successful in what they do and enable them to achieve their full potential. We have a number of programmes to support wellbeing at Barnett Waddingham.
Corporate Social Investment at Barnett Waddingham
As a firm, we recognise that we have an impact that goes beyond our core activities.
Our corporate social investment programme is an integral part of what we do and is focused on ensuring that our overall impact is a positive one.
- Our environment
- Sustainable development
- Ethical procurement
- Charities and volunteering