Barnett Waddingham is a partner-led business which prides itself in providing straightforward and well communicated pensions advice. This philosophy means that we are dependent on talented and well-trained employees who enjoy working in a closely knit and friendly organisation. Our growth has been significant since our creation in 1989. We aim to continue this growth by recruiting people who share in Barnett Waddingham’s values.
Our Investment Consulting Practice Area provides investment consultancy services to the pension schemes of UK companies as well as other clients such as charities. Barnett Waddingham is committed to providing the best possible service to all of its clients and to achieve this service we need talented, motivated and enthusiastic people. As a result of continued success and growth, we have an opportunity for someone to join our Investment Consulting team as a Senior Investment Analyst.
As a Senior Investment Analyst, you would be responsible for running the client on behalf of a Partner or one of the senior investment consultants, as well as helping to support and develop the more junior members of the team to meet their career objectives. You won’t be giving investment advice in your own right just yet, but will be heavily involved in preparing advice, have client contact and meeting attendance from day one and you’ll be looking to be signed off as an Investment Consultant in the future. We will support your development towards this.
In an ideal world you will be working within an actuarial or investment consultancy and will be nearly or newly FIA or CFA qualified with experience in Defined Benefit pensions, however, if you are fully FIA or CFA qualified with other relevant investment experience, we would certainly consider your CV.
- Are you self-motivated? Do you take personal responsibility for provision of services to some small clients? Do you have strengths in problem solving?
- Are you confident in answering queries raised by clients, and understand who is best placed to research into or answer other queries?
- Do you manage your own workload effectively, and that of small clients including delegating work to other team members and ensuring timescales are met?
- Are you able to explain technical issues in simplified terms to trustees and scheme sponsors and more junior team members?
If the answer is yes, we would love to hear from you!
What we offer
- Opportunities to progress - we're growing and taking on new business across the firm every day which gives our staff the opportunity to grow and develop their careers too
- Work-life balance - we're committed to encouraging our staff to achieve the work-life balance that they desire - well-being is a vital part of this and something we promote
- Benefits package - we offer a competitive benefits package, which we think gives you the freedom to select those benefits most suited to your lifestyle