The Pensions Ombudsman is a free, independent organisation set up to help people that have any complaints/issues about pensions. We look at the facts without taking sides. We aim to constantly support one another to provide the best service we can for the people who need us most. What we do really makes a difference to people’s lives, particularly at a time when every penny counts when saving for the future.
We’re a small but growing team based in a brand-new office in Canary Wharf and we are looking for a First Contact Specialist to join our busy team.
The First Contact Specialist will be the first point of contact with the public when they need help with queries, and will respond to call enquiries and all other enquiries within a timely manner. The role is highly customer service based and requires someone with excellent telephone skills.
- Be the first point of contact for customers dealing with enquiries
- Inform customers how TPO can assist them with their complaint/dispute
- Identify key issues and gather appropriate information quickly and accurately
- Ensure all enquiries are concluded and dealt with in the most effective, timely and efficient manner
- Develop and maintain good relationships, internal and external
- Provide support to customers and be sensitive when necessary
- Use judgement and understanding of TPO’s policies to resolve issues
- Escalate cases when necessary
- Manage own caseload on a day to day basis.
What we’re looking for
- Ability to engage with a wide range of customers effectively both verbally and in writing
- Understand the need for confidentiality and ability to remain impartial, be clear, sensitive and tactful.
- Assess information quickly, identify key issues, and give sound and well-reasoned responses that consider a range of possible solutions.
- Remain calm and organised under pressure; manage own workloads; be aware of workload of others.
- Support colleagues and the wider organisation: act cooperatively, engage on projects and strategic initiatives, monitor data and trends, think
- Experience within customer service based role
- Have an understanding of complaints handling, preferably in pension-related environment
- Be competent with IT particularly Outlook, Word, and Excel; learn to use case management systems / databases quickly
- Knowledge of pensions and the ability to build this to a strong level.
What we offer you
If you want to make a real difference to people’s lives when they need support the most, then apply now! Click on the Apply link for more information.