Our client, a global leader in human resource solutions, are currently recruiting for Pensions Scheme Accountants to join a newly created team in Birmingham.
The Accounting Team is responsible for the preparation of financial statements and annual reports for pension schemes. The Pension Scheme Accountant is responsible for the accurate and timely production of financial reports and associated information on behalf of pension scheme clients.
The Pension Scheme Accountant provides high quality accounting support by:
· Preparation of financial statements and being the point of contact for Accounting matters for the clients and Pension Administration teams, Client Relationship Managers and auditors.
· Preparation of financial statements and trustee reports in an accurate and timely manner
· Providing support to the Accounts Team based out with the UK by liaising with clients and auditors
· Responding to written and verbal enquiries in a timely manner, in accordance with agreed procedures. Specifically this includes dealing with clients’ auditors and with resolution of queries.
· Managing the audit process for allocated clients
· Process and check amendments to data accurately and to ensure that reconciliations and calculations are completed within agreed timescales
· Tracking accounts preparation process in workload monitoring tool
· Being a SME for processes, clients, systems and tools and being proficient in processing and checking.
· Prioritising and coordinating workload
· Identifying issues with processes handled in teams and supporting the process to find and implement solutions.
· Sharing best practice with colleagues through process and tool training.
· Taking part in both internal and external audits.
· Building strong relationships with client teams, client representatives and third-party providers.
· Contributing to the team as a whole, supporting the rest of the team based on their needs (a buddy to less experienced colleagues and supporting more senior colleagues).
· Maintaining required technical knowledge and behavioural standards and expertise, especially all regulatory and statutory requirements.
· Performing additional tasks as requested by your manager.
· Colleague will work closely with all members of the team. You will assist the Team Manager and support with operating efficiencies within the team.
· Building and maintaining strong and effective working relationships with other teams (often cross-location).
Qualifications, Skills, Knowledge:
· Ideally part qualified or equivalent (CIMA, ACA or ACCA or equivalent.
· Experience in the preparation of accounts in accordance with SORP and relevant regulatory framework is essential.
· Experience in pension scheme accounting would be beneficial
· Strong communication skills, both verbal and written.
· Strong attention to detail and commitment to provide ongoing quality.
· Strong Mathematical and English skills.
· Competent in Word and Excel.
If you have the experience and skills required, please contact us today on 0121-684 1555 quoting the above reference to find out more about the client and the opportunity. Alternatively, please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org, quoting the above reference number and indicating your salary expectations.