Juliette Lister and Lisa Tremlett are currently assisting a Financial Services Company who are presently recruiting for a SIPP/SSAS Subject Matter Expert.
This is a Profile Search and Selection vacancy who are operating as an Employment Agency.In order to apply for this position candidates MUST have FINANCIAL SERVICES EXPERIENCE. Please note as we receive a high volume of applications we are only able to respond to those candidates who are shortlisted.
The successful candidate will be responsible for working with the Director of Pensions to deliver some key strategic projects related to the firm’s growing SIPP and SSAS administration business.
These include the integration of platform and SIPP operations, bulk system migrations of SIPP and SSAS members and the design and implementation of new products and services.
The ideal candidate will be a SIPP and/or SSAS professional who has experience working in a technical and/or operations role within a SIPP Operator. You will have broad industry knowledge and be passionate about providing first class retirement solutions.
You should be comfortable working independently, proactively and without constant supervision, while understanding the needs and characteristics of the people you work with.
Duties and responsibilities
- Support the pensions operations team and business partners with day-to-day technical queries.
- Assist the Director of Pensions in the development and implementation of product development roadmap.
- Support the business in reviewing and updating operations policies and procedures.
- Support bulk SIPP system migration projects and novation.
- Attend business partner to impart appropriate technical information and updates.
- Support the business to ensure compliance with company procedures, legislation and regulations.
- Provide technical sign off to new or amended procedures and, documentation thus maintaining integrity of product documents and information provided.
- Oversee and/or assist with research or technical issues relative to regulatory and/or administrative issues.
- Prepare informative technical bulletins for internal and external stakeholders periodically.
- Prepare and present training materials for internal and external stakeholders.
- Support the business to deliver excellent customer outcomes.
- Monitor regulatory developments, assess and ensure appropriate controls are put in place for those that impact the firm.
- Ensure that regulatory returns are submitted within set deadlines.
- Collating and presenting monthly reports to the Board and relevant committees.
- Analysing and interpreting current and impending pensions and taxation legislative developments impacting on the business, and disseminating information for internal and external stakeholders.
- Working closely with colleagues with respect to product development.
Qualifications & Skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (in Particular Excel) is a must.
- Experience with SIPP back office systems such as CTC Elements is an advantage.
- Experience working with CRM systems such as Iress Adviser Office is an advantage.
- Professional qualifications or certification in financial services and specifically pensions topics is an advantage.
- Auto Enrolment experience
If you are also aware of any friends or colleagues currently working within the industry who are looking for a change within their career, please pass on our contact details and we will endeavour to assist with their search.
Profile Search and Selection are a specialist Pensions and Financial Services recruitment agency with opportunities nationwide - Please feel free to contact us direct should you wish to discuss any further vacancies