We are currently seeking a Trust Officer to be based in London. The successful candidate will need to ensure that the duties of the Trustee of Occupational Pension Schemes discharge their responsibilities in a professional and timely manner. You will delegate tasks to Trust Associates where appropriate and ensure timely completion of tasks for schemes in the process of being wound up or that may be in an assessment period for the Pension Protection Fund.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a successful and growing business and will involve exposure to an interesting portfolio of high profile cases.
ITS has been providing professional, independent trusteeship and a few directly related support services to occupational pension schemes since 1991.
Our clients are both DB and DC ranging in size from £2m to several billion. Much of our work is governance based business as usual, but that doesn’t get headlines. In contrast, we have been involved with some of the largest insured solutions seen in the UK and a number of cases where the high profile sponsoring employer has been undergoing corporate change or challenge. We are a member of the PPFs Trustee Advisory Panel.
Our team is deliberately chosen from a cross section of different backgrounds to bring complementary skills to our board. We very much enjoy working alongside lay trustees and value the knowledge they bring. We are also seeing an increasing number of sole trusteeships, which like all our appointments are supported by a robust governance framework.
- Day to day management of Trustee duties to occupational pension schemes that are being wound up or in an assessment period for the Pension Protection Fund
- Day to day management of PPF assessment period tasks and liaison with all stakeholders in the scheme
- Dealing with Member correspondence, queries and complaints
- Liaising with Scheme advisers and dealing with complex technical matters
- Applying the appropriate legal and operational framework for scheme governance and discontinuance
- Representing ITS and/or support Trustee Directors in client meetings, take responsibility for key actions and for reporting progress to all interested parties. (Pensions Protection Fund, the Pensions
- Regulator and other third parties including HM Revenue and Customs)
Key Skills and Experience:
- Experience in dealing with defined benefit occupational pension schemes with an emphasis on wind up and PPF processes
- Up to date understanding of pensions legislation and industry practice and knowledge of current legislative issues surrounding scheme discontinuance
- Experienced communicator with a wide range of stakeholders ranging from technical specialist to scheme members, senior executives to administration staff
- Proactive individual taking pride in quality and timeliness of their output and that of their team
- An appetite for continuing professional development
- People management skills running small teams, prioritising and delegating work, coaching performance and team work
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal & written.