Does your employer go beyond your expectations?
Consider experiencing #lifeatBW
Barnett Waddingham is a partner-led business which prides itself in providing straightforward and well communicated pensions advice. This philosophy means that we are dependent on talented and well trained employees who enjoy working in a closely knit and friendly organisation. Our growth has been significant since our creation in 1989. We aim to continue this growth by recruiting people who share in Barnett Waddingham’s values.
Our Pension Management teams work closely with the trustees and are responsible for liaising with the trustees’ advisers and scheme sponsors to ensure the smooth running of trustee business. Other Pension Management services include specialist roles (including interim pensions manager), support for trustees and in-house personnel and bespoke one-off projects.
The role of Pension Management Assistant (PMA) is to provide day-to-day support for the Pension Management team, potentially across different locations. In order to provide these services the job holder must liaise with internal contacts, external clients and service providers.
Do you have top administration skills honed within a DB pension administration environment?
Are you highly organised with a desire to deliver high quality work, not just meeting but exceeding expectations where you can?
Would you thrive in an environment where you are empowered and encouraged to progress and fulfill your potential?
If the answer is yes, we would love to hear from you!
To be considered you will have a solid academic background, as a minimum, GCSE (or equivalent) Grade C / 4 or above in Maths and English. Ideally, we'd like you to be progressing with your PMI qualification or you'll have the award in Pension Essentials. However, if neither of these apply to you but you are keen to pursue a professional qualification then we'd still like to hear from you as long as you have;
- Knowledge of UK defined benefit pension arrangements
- Be a team player
- Strong administration skills
- IT skills to perform all aspects of work efficiently, including a strong understanding of Microsoft Office programmes, in particular Excel, Word and Outlook
- High professionalism skills
- Ability to communicate effectively
What We Offer
- Opportunities to progress - we're growing and taking on new business across the firm every day and encourage our staff to apply to vacancies
- Work-life balance - we're committed to encouraging our staff to achieve the work-life balance that they desire - well-being is a vital part of this and something we promote
- Benefits package: we offer a competitive benefits package, which we think gives you the freedom to select those benefits most suited to your life style
The Pension Administration Business was established in 1993. Our core business is the provision of services to trustees of UK occupational pension schemes DB, DC, CARE, cash balance – and we will do this as a stand-alone “admin-only” appointment or in conjunction with services provided by other Barnett Waddingham Practice Areas. The services are provided from all of our UK offices and include:
- Benefit administration
- Pensioner payroll
- Administration consulting services
- Scheme governance and trustee secretarial
- Bespoke one off projects
- Cash handling and preparing draft accounts
- PPF assessment administration services
- Data audits and data cleansing
- Specialist roles (secondments, expert witness)
- Support for trustees and in-house personnel
If you would like to work for one of the UK’s leading consultancies at the forefront of risk, pensions, investment and insurance, click to apply now!