Our client, the largest independent provider of actuarial, administration and consultancy services, is currently recruiting an experienced Pensions Administrator to join their team in their South Birmingham office. This role will be primarily responsible for maintaining service delivery on a range of high profile DB and DC schemes, providing support with the end to end duties within the pensions administration function.
This role reports into a Pension Administration Team Leader.
Each team is managed by a team leader and work is carried out in accordance with the Pension Administration Department’s control environment procedures which are in place to ensure accuracy and timeliness of the services for clients.
· Prepare manual and computer generated benefit calculations and related correspondence
· Maintain the database; prepare computer generated benefit calculations and related correspondence
· Communicate with clients, their employees and former employees and advisers
· Carry out and check cash handling and accounting functions to client pension and related arrangements, liaising with bank and investment managers as appropriate
· Process and check client pensioner payrolls, including calculation of net pay, arranging payments, liaison with tax offices and preparation of year end returns
· Liaise with authorities including DWP, HMRC (including NICO), The Pensions Regulator and the Information Commissioner
· Read, research and understand documentation relating to each scheme, for example, deeds
· Check work of other team members, ensuring accuracy and compliance with procedures and legislation, as agreed
· Project based work as agreed from time to time
· Encourage the team to look for efficiency gains
· Carry out activities in line with agreed service levels
· Support effective team working and be willing to ask others for support
· Demonstrate an awareness of how the PPF operates and the nature and type of compensation (specific for PPF Administration)
· Have working knowledge of Shared Workspace (specific for GMP Reconciliation)
· Demonstrate understanding of Scheme Reconciliation Service and how to use this for the benefit of clients (specific for GMP Reconciliation)
· Adhere to specific targets, carry out calculations and tasks involved in working on PPF schemes, and respond to the need for a rapid turnaround of work (specific for PPF Administration)
· Any other reasonable task as advised from time-to-time
· Support, Implement and Maintain Information Security procedures and activities in accordance to the Company’s Information Security Policy
This role may also expand to cover specialist support, for example, problem solving by reference to legislation, data service or Payroll support. If the specialist role becomes your major focus your responsibilities will be agreed with you.
The above is intended to describe the general nature and responsibilities of the role and is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties or responsibilities of employees in this role
Ideally you will have a minimum of 12 months pensions administration experience preferably with DB administration but DC skills will also be considered. In additional you will have the following skills:
· Team player, who is able to work to tight deadlines
· Strong attention to detail and commitment to provide ongoing quality
· Strong Mathematical and English skills
· Competent in Word and Excel
This role offers a competitive salary plus an excellent comprehensive flexible benefits package and a very attractive discretionary bonus.
If you feel you have the skills necessary, please contact Susan Ford Recruitment on 0121-684 1555 today quoting the above reference or alternatively send your CV to email@example.com, quoting the above reference and we will contact you to discuss the role and the company further.