Our client is a FTSE 100 leading organisation, that prides itself and is passionate in providing outstanding customer service and is a leading employer.
They now seek an enthusiastic and committed DB Pension Manager (preferably a recently qualified actuary) to join our award winning Pensions Team. A combination of strong technical/actuarial skills, and excellent communication and organisational abilities will be required.
This is an exciting opportunity to join a profitable and growing international organisation that supports and encourages career progression.
- To assist the Head of Group Pensions in supporting the Trustee of the PLC Pension Scheme, and it’s various subcommittees. This will involve managing the preparation for and organisation of Trustee and subcommittee meetings, including liaising with the Trustee’s advisers and group’s in-house investment manager.
- To assist the Head of Group Pensions in supporting the Trustee of the two Ireland pension schemes. This will involve managing the preparation for and organisation of Trustee meetings, including liaising with the Trustee’s advisers
- To manage budgets for schemes and identify opportunities to reduce external fees where possible
- To work with the Trustee’s advisers to manage various projects such as the triennial actuarial valuations
- To provide training to the trustee board and on a one-to-one basis as required and manage the induction process for new trustee directors
- To work with the DC Pensions Manager to communicate pension options to high earners, and provide ongoing support
- To draft the Trustee’s Annual Report and Chair’s statement for the UK Defined Benefit scheme and legacy UK Money Purchase scheme. Work closely with the Pensions Finance Manager to ensure the documentation is compliant and produced on time
- To work with Corporate Secretariat to provide secretarial support to the Trustee boards and make regulatory filings in line with the Companies Act
- To collate information and submit the annual Scheme Return for the UK Defined Benefit scheme and UK Money Purchase scheme as well as providing other necessary information to the Pensions Regulator as required, e.g. on completion of a new valuation
- To work with the Pensions Finance Manager to manage the online banking platform for the UK Defined Benefit scheme and manage the authorised signatories list and authorization limits
- To share best practice on pensions with the group’s subsidiaries and overseas businesses
- To review complex calculations and have one-to-one meetings with senior members of staff
- To provide technical support to the in-house administration and communication teams
- To support the group in influencing developments in the UK and Europe in relation to occupational pension schemes, both directly and via retail and wider industry groups
- Numerate, analytical and ability to understand complex issues / legislation
- Pensions knowledge and experience, including:
- Annual allowance and lifetime allowance calculations
- General legislation applying to UK pension schemes
- Excellent communication skills – verbal, written and presentations – and the confidence to work with senior stakeholders
- Strong project management and secretarial skills
- Ability to build effective working relationships with a broad range of people – internally and externally
- Good interpersonal skills with the ability to work alone or as part of a team
- Strong influencing skills