Our client, the largest independent provider of actuarial, administration and consultancy services in the UK have a superb opportunity for a Senior Pension Fund Accountant.
The Senior Pension Fund Accountant responsibilities would include:
· Maintenance and reconciliation of accounting records
· Reconciliation of complex and segregated investments and AVC funds
· Preparation of statutory pension scheme trustee reports and other accompanying information for a portfolio of clients, ensuring that legislative timescales and client requirements are met
· Provision and review of financial management information for clients
· Organise and supervise the audit process, liaison with auditors, clients and third parties as required
· Maintain effective client relationships with trustees and auditors
· Check work of other team members, ensuring accuracy and compliance with procedures and legislation including the Statement of Recommended Practice
· Organise, attend, and lead audit planning and completion meetings, as and when required
· Attend external meetings with a view of networking and building contacts to promote the company.
· Encourage the team and Pension Accounts Group to look for efficiency gains
· Project based or committee work, as agreed from time to time
· Identifying training and development needs in the accounts team and deliver this including coaching and providing support and technical help on accounting issues to others
· Ensure tasks are completed in line with agreed service levels and legislative timescales
· Ensure that client and auditor concerns or complaints are raised with the reporting Partner and dealt with immediately
· Actively demonstrate an ability to solve problems in a rationale manner, identifying potential problems and seeking to resolve these before they develop further
· Ensure that procedures, practices and systems are maintained and developed to support the accounts services and comply with the company’s AAF requirements and Business Management System
· Demonstrate a clear understanding of the SORP including providing support and help to fellow colleagues on technical issues concerning the SORP
· Support effective team working, be willing to ask others for support and share knowledge to assist with the development of colleagues through coaching and training
· Reporting and advice as required for Pension Administration teams and clients
· Support, implement and maintain Information Security procedures and activities in accordance to the Company’s Information Security Policy, and other accreditations and awards
· Any other reasonable task as advised from time-to-time
Qualifications, Skills, Knowledge:
· GCSE/A levels are required at grade C and above are essential.
· A relevant qualification within the finance industry, such as AAT, CIMA or ACCA, or progress with AAT examinations is essential.
· The candidate would demonstrate a substantial knowledge and understanding of accountancy procedures, together with experience in production of accounts with the ability to work accurately and in a detailed manner to meet strict deadlines.
· Proven experience in producing pension scheme accounts would be an advantage.
Candidates can expect a highly competitive salary package and the opportunity for career development within this award winning, growing and inspiring company.
The role can be based in one of 4 locations throughout the UK.