Our clients, a global pensions providers, have an exciting opportunity for an experienced pensions professional with systems/IT experience with pensions systems, as part of the Operations Change team based in the Birmingham office you will work with your team to successfully deliver change projects for their clients, this will include retirement practice colleagues and third party providers of pensions services.
The responsibilities of the role include:
- Being a SME for processes, clients, systems and tools and being proficient in processing and checking
- Monitoring current projects. Managing the workload in line with SLAs through the ability to organize, prioritize and make effective workload allocation decisions.
- Producing and analysing reports as required for internal and external clients and requirements
- Investigation of background to cases by reference to archived files and system data
- Identifying issues with processes handled in teams and driving a process to find and implement solutions
- Implementing changes to tools and documentation needed to support effective service delivery.
- Increasing the level of project based knowledge and driving continuous improvement in all areas of processing.
- Writing and maintaining knowledge documents, keeping them up to date and incorporating changes to legislation.
- Sharing best practice with colleagues through process and tool training.
- Being a role model in the team by giving constructive feedback to colleagues to improve performance and supporting the Team Manager
- Coordinating and participating in projects that will impact the work of teams and domains.
- Building strong relationships with client teams, client representatives and third-party providers
- Achieving team and individual targets (KPIs, SLAs, quality targets.
- Contributing to the team as a whole, supporting the rest of the team based on their needs (a buddy to less experienced colleagues and supporting more senior colleagues)
- Maintaining required technical knowledge and behavourial standards and expertise, especially all regulatory and statutory requirements.
You & Your Experience
It is expected that you will have a background in pensions with a minimum of 3 years in the industry and have a clear understanding of the technical aspects of pension schemes and their benefits. You will have high level IT skills with advanced abilities with Excel. You will be a strong team player and able to work well under pressure to meet deadlines. You will also have strong communication skills, both written and verbal.
In return you will enjoy a competitive total rewards package, continuing education and training and tremendous potential with this growing organisation.