We are recruiting due to recent growth two Team Leaders within our Pension Administration teams based in our Redhill office. As a Team Leader you will Manage a team of Administrators, you will be responsible for meeting a monthly rolling schedule of objectives including weekly team reviews, developing skills within the team and managing workload. You will also be expected to maintain and develop your own knowledge of pension schemes.
This role will suit someone with supervisory / team leading experience within pensions administration.
- Be a point of reference on technical issues and non-standard cases.
- Ensure work allocated is carried out in accordance with:
- Practice guidelines.
- Documented operating procedures.
- Quality standards
- Performance / Service standards.
- Ensure all work is logged onto and processed through Workflow.
- Must be able to work to a high level of accuracy.
- Monitor own workflow and that of junior associates via Workflow to ensure service levels are achieved.
- Take the lead in more complex/project work when required.
- Build and maintain technical, procedures and client knowledge through experience.
- Challenge procedures to identify process improvements and pass on recommendations to Administration Manager.
- Work with the Administration Manager to improve operational efficiency and reduce costs e.g. automation, full use of standard procedures.
- Ensure team members are fully informed of:
- Current events.
- Procedural changes.
- Benefit changes.
- Initiate and manage automated calculation system projects.
- Ensure your client databases are complete, accurate and standard.
- Maintain a good working knowledge of all systems and products to include
- PMS 6000
- Microsoft packages (Outlook/Excel/Word)
- Understand your role in the team and understand the roles of others in the team.
- Encourage teamwork by sharing knowledge, ideas and solutions.
- Contribute to associate training and development.
- Manage the junior associates to make sure that work is dealt with efficiently and within deadlines.
- Be responsible for the team members' performance reviews.
- Assist with recruitment and selection process.
- Hold weekly team meetings.
- Ensure an efficient, professional service is provided to meet all client/members' needs and to promote the Willis Towers Watson brand.
- On an on going basis be the principal contact the client, and maintain and develop client relationships.
- Communicate effectively with client/members via the telephone, remembering each caller will have a different level of understanding. Record each call as they occur.
- Develop good written communication skills to deal with more complex queries and requests.
- Ensure all communications are dealt with within defined quality and service standards.
- Analyse client/member feedback, suggest improvements and report to Administration Manager and/or Client Manager as appropriate.
- Analyse areas where the service to clients/members could be improved and put forward recommendations to Administration Manager and/or Client Manager as appropriate.
- Gather and analyse individual complaints received and produce report for Administration Manager.
- In conjunction with the Administration Manager, ensure that all delivery promises and performance standards are achieved.
- Ensure Administration Guides are kept up to date.
- Experience as a team leader or deputy team leader within a pensions administration environment.
- Interpersonal skills to included excellent written and verbal communication.
- Computer literate.
- Significant and proven experience dealing with DC and DB occupational schemes.
- Previous experience within a supervisory / managerial role in a Pensions Administration environment, ideally in a third party administrator.
- Progression in PMI qualification desirable.
Please note that as part of our recruitment process, any offer of employment will be subject to the receipt of satisfactory background checks. Willis Towers Watson is an equal opportunities employer and does not discriminate on any basis.