We are recruiting for a Pension Calculation Developer for our Redhill office to work as part of the calculations development team, within a dynamic administration function servicing both internal and external clients. Be able to interpret business requirement documentation and build calculations software. To ensure full system automation can be achieved and to work closely with the Administration team.
The role is ideal for a candidate who enjoys building systems software and working with a varied portfolio of DB, DC and hybrid pension schemes.
- Interpret business requirement documentation
- From the business requirement documentation, build pensions calculation software including letters, statements, calculation routines, data extracts and data write backs (training to be provided)
- Systems test and deliver the software across environments
- Maintain and develop further knowledge of pension schemes and legislation
- In conjunction with other members of the calculations development team and Administration teams, ensure that delivery timelines are achieved
- Provide an efficient, professional service to meet all client needs and to promote the Willis Towers Watson brand
- Proactively utilise and add to the suite of support documentation
- Adhere to the team Best Practice Procedures to ensure quality deliveries and cost management
- Identify areas where the service to clients could be improved and communicate findings to team or Administration teams as appropriate
- Look to develop the role to become a calculations expert within the team
- Work collaboratively with colleagues to ensure high levels of service are achieved
- Ensure that expenses and time-sheets are submitted in a timely fashion
- Ensure that budgets are met
- Pass at C or above for Maths and English at GCSE or equivalent
- Experience of dealing with DB and DC occupational pension schemes
- Working knowledge of MS Excel and MS Word
- Working knowledge of Unix, SQL and Python is advantageous but not mandatory as training will be provided
- Interpersonal skills to include good written and verbal communication
- Good time management skills and the ability to organise and prioritise own workload
- Able to work to a high level of accuracy with excellent attention to detail
- Proven problem solving and analytical skills
Willis Towers Watson (NASDAQ: WLTW) is a leading global advisory, broking and solutions company that helps clients around the world turn risk into a path for growth. With roots dating to 1828, Willis Towers Watson has 40,000 employees serving more than 140 countries. We design and deliver solutions that manage risk, optimize benefits, cultivate talent, and expand the power of capital to protect and strengthen institutions and individuals. Our unique perspective allows us to see the critical intersections between talent, assets and ideas – the dynamic formula that drives business performance. Together, we unlock potential. Learn more at willistowerswatson.com.
Willis Towers Watson is an equal opportunities employer and does not discriminate on any basis. We support flexible working and this role will be considered on a flexible basis.