The West Midlands Pension Fund is one of the UK’s largest pension funds providing, from its base in Wolverhampton, local authority pension benefits for employees across the West Midlands.
The Fund manages and administers the pension interests of over 280,000 scheme members, 550 employers and currently has over £12.5 billion in assets under management.
An exciting opportunity has arisen to appoint a Business Performance & Data Manager. The Manager will play a key role in ensuring delivery of a high standard of Pension Administration services for members and employers. Working as part of a management team, the successful applicant will lead transformation and performance management, working with internal and external stakeholders to maintain a sound base for administering member benefits.
Responsibilities will include;
- On-going development and reporting on Key Performance Indicators KPI’s
- Reviewing and monitoring performance in line with the Fund’s Pensions Administration Strategy.
- Development and implementation of data maintenance and improvement plans.
- Responsible for identifying, obtaining buy-in and driving implementation of any changes identified and agreed to improve services. Working alongside system and technical support and employer and member liaison teams.
- Effective delivery of key Fund projects, co-ordinating activity across the Fund, for example, with the production of annual benefit statements and initiatives to enhance data quality and exchange.
- Managing a team of analysts and processors to maximise individual performance, aligned to the objectives and targets of the team.
- Working with internal and external parties to develop relationships and improve performance. Expected to challenge existing practice and processes to deliver continuous improvement.
The ideal candidate will be qualified to degree level, and have experience of managing projects and people to achieve performance targets. They must have significant project management experience with the ability to manage multiple and complex projects and to demonstrate the ability to drive and embed change. Experience working with pension administration systems is desirable.
A team player with a drive to ensure both they and the Pensions Administration function achieve and deliver high standards would be well suited to this role.
The Fund offers a great working environment,excellent development opportunities, plus a range of benefits that include a generous defined benefit pension scheme. Please get in touch to find out more – this is an exciting time for the Fund and we’re looking for the best people to join our team.