A 150 year old company founded on the principles of self-reliance and community, Royal London is the UK's largest mutual pensions, insurance and investment company. Group businesses provide around 9.1 million policies and employ 3,106 people across operations in London, Bath, Edinburgh, Wilmslow, Glasgow and Reading, with Group funds under management of £93.8 billion.
Owned by our members, rather than by shareholders, our financial performance is robust over both the short and long term. Our aim is to become the most trusted and recommended provider of insurance and investment products in the eyes of our customers.
To support our Staff Pension Schemes and Independent Group Board Committees, we’re looking to recruit a Senior Company Secretarial Manager. You will be a part of the Group Legal function (reporting to the Group Company Secretary & General Council) with accountability as the Pension Scheme secretary for five schemes and the de facto Company Secretary for the Independent Governance Committee (IGC), With Profits Committee and Sub-Fund Supervisory Committees.
The main purpose is to:
- Provide proactive advice and secretarial support to the Staff Pension Schemes, Independent Governance Committee, With Profits Committee and Sub-Fund Supervisory Committees) to ensure the highest standards of governance are achieved and their decision–making structures operate effectively and are fit for purpose in order to support the achievement of their strategic objectives.
- Manage pension scheme sponsor-side governance to ensure pension related matters are considered by the right forums and entities within the group.
- Manage stakeholders and confidential information of these independent Boards / Committees within the Group
- Manage the statutory records and documentation of the Pension Schemes and Group Committees.
- Work closely with the Chairmen, With Profits Actuary, Staff Pensions Director and the Group’s IGC contact to plan out the work of the Committees
- To work with the Staff Pensions Manager to manage the workload of the Pension Trustee Secretarial assistant.
You will be a highly experienced and accredited pensions scheme professional (secretariat, administration or management) with strong knowledge of the Financial Services from within Corporate, Trust and/or Advisory environment. It is important that you possess excellent communication skills, be extremely well organised and can demonstrate the ability to develop credible working relationships at all levels across the Royal London business.
We’re passionate about recruiting the right people to support our business. We look for the right attitude, not just the right skills. If you believe you have the necessary skills and experience to join Royal London, please click on the 'Apply Now' button!