Our client is a FTSE100 Financial Services organisation seeking an In-house Pension Manager, who is a qualified Actuary, to support the Trustees of the PLC Pension Scheme and the subcommittees, to ensure that appropriate governance is in place.
The role is based in North London/Hertfordshire border, with close links to the M25 / M1.
- Assisting the UK Pensions Manager and supporting the Trustee of the PLC Pension Scheme and it’s various Sub Committees (Investment, Benefits and Audit and Risk) . Providing secretarial support to the Trustee Board.
- Managing the preparation for and organisation of Trustee and subcommittee meetings, including liaising with the in house investment manager
- Supporting the governance committees that are responsible for the Savings Plan (effectively a corporate ISA) and other pension arrangements across the Group
- Supporting subsidiaries to ensure they comply with automatic enrolment rules
- Sharing Pensions best practice with subsidiaries and overseas businesses
- Reviewing complex calculations for senior members of the pension scheme
- Providing technical support to the in house administration and communication teams
- Supporting the business in influencing developments in the UK and Europe in relation to occupational pension schemes, both directly and via retail and wider industry groups
- Team you would work with outside of the business
- External advisors to the pension scheme
- Scheme actuaries
- Trustees of the Pension scheme
- Pensions administration team
- You will be up to date knowledge of current and emerging UK pensions legislation including auto-enrolment, annual and lifetime allowances.
- Qualified actuary
- Prioritisation and time management
- Numerate, analytical and ability to understand complex information
- Excellent communication skills – verbal and written