Our DC Consultancy team provides ongoing consultancy services to over 200 trustee and corporate clients in disciplines such as strategy and design alongside ongoing governance, investment, and engagement and is a rapidly growing practice area.
We are now looking for a trust based specialist.
You will work as part of a team and will be responsible for the day to day delivery and growth of consultancy services to your clients, advising on the design, implementation and maintenance of DC pension plans. You will need to have comprehensive knowledge of workplace DC pensions, covering contract based, master trust and particularly single trust based arrangements. You’ll need to maintain high levels of client care and client satisfaction. You’ll also be required to assist in developing services to existing clients and on occasion assist in the acquisition of new business.
You will be required to work in accordance with the firm’s internal procedures and in accordance with FCA and other regulation.
This role can be based at either of our Amersham, Bristol, Cheltenham, Glasgow, Liverpool, Leeds or London offices so please specify your preferred location when applying.
This role would suit someone looking to take that next step in managing their own client relationships and working with more senior colleagues on larger client relationships. You'll be educated to minimum of GSCE Grade ’5’ or ’C’ in Maths and English but we would expect you to have a degree as well as holding a relevant level four or level six qualification through either the Chartered Insurance Institute (CII) or Pensions Management Institute (PMI) You will be a self-starter who is able to demonstrate their problem solving and client relationship skills.
What’s in it for you?
- Working for a company in the Sunday Times 100 Best Companies to Work For 2020
- Scope for career development – There will be extensive development opportunities through training and work with a wide range of organisations and consultancy areas. There is high potential to progress in an expanding team
- A competitive discretionary annual bonus
- A set of core benefits paid for by Barnett Waddingham including life assurance, group income protection, private medical cover and 25 days holiday per year
- A generous pension scheme – we contribute 8% from day one of your employment
- A comprehensive range of voluntary benefits to suit your lifestyle
- Opportunities to socialise or participate in sport, social or cultural activities (subject to covid-19 lockdown measures)
- 1 paid volunteering day per year
- Match-funding for individuals raising money for a recognised charity
Values at Barnett Waddingham
Our values are important to us and we want them to be important to you too: Principled, Quality, Partnership and Respect.
Wellbeing at Barnett Waddingham
Employee wellbeing has always been important to Barnett Waddingham and we believe that wellbeing at work is about raising awareness of where issues can arise and balancing the needs of employees and the business. We have a number of programmes to support wellbeing at Barnett Waddingham.
Diversity at Barnett Waddingham
We want to have a diverse and inclusive workforce as we believe that it will provide us with high performing teams that will be the driving force behind our continued success.
Corporate Social Investment at Barnett Waddingham
As a firm, we recognise that we have an impact that goes beyond our core activities.
Our corporate social investment programme is an integral part of what we do and is focused on ensuring that our overall impact is a positive one.