Our client has a growing Actuarial Trustee Services team that provides a broad range of actuarial and defined benefits pension consultancy services to pension scheme trustees, scheme sponsors and other third parties. They are looking for an Actuarial Consultant with DB pension scheme experience within a TPA environment to join their team.
Responsibilities may include reviewing data prepared by colleagues or other third parties, preparing and reviewing calculations, preparing and reviewing letters and reports for review by senior colleagues. The role will also involve aiding the development of less experienced colleagues. You will also work with consultants to assist in the account management of clients to develop your “softer” skills.
* Liaising with Investment Management colleagues, colleagues, external third party administrators, and clients
* Attendance at some external meetings together with a senior colleague
* Some direct client communication via email or telephone
* Reviewing data preparation work carried out by junior colleagues, and investigating and resolving abnormalities as appropriate
* Carrying out and reviewing technical calculations relating to individual members of pension schemes for review by colleagues, e.g. early/late retirement quotations, trivial commutations, transfer values
* Carrying out and reviewing technical calculations relating to pension schemes for review by colleagues, e.g. actuarial valuations, preparation of accounting disclosures under FRS 102, IAS 19R and either ASC 715 or US GAAP
* Suggesting changes to current working practices to improve operational efficiencies
Technical Knowledge and Professional Qualifications
* Passes in several actuarial exams required for qualification as FIA or FFA
* Aptitude to continue progress with actuarial exams
* Working knowledge of the basics of actuarial valuations, accounting disclosures under FRS 102, IAS 19R and either ASC 715 or US GAAP
* Highly numerate and literate
* Ability to readily absorb technical information
* Strong team-working and communication skills
* Computer literacy including familiarity with Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
Our Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Mission
At IDEX, we strive for an inclusion-first company culture where everyone is treated fairly and can bring their authentic selves to work. We recognise and acknowledge that diverse representation at every level of our business requires continuous and measurable effort. We are committed to driving conscious inclusion across our business and creating equitable pathways.