Remote or Hybrid Working with two days in Preston, Lancashire.
Fully home-working contracts will be considered for candidates living 50+ miles from our offices in Preston.
Salary DOE, 37 hours a week.
A glance at the role:
- To support the Commercial Manager in the management and administration of pension scheme member data and the delivery of projects (Value Added Benefit engagements), ensuring chargeable work can be delivered within agreed timescales.
- To maintain and improve data quality and integrity through carrying out regular data cleaning exercises and checking routines alongside reviewing data migrated into our systems during onboarding activity.
- Working on other VAB projects as they arise, which may involve responsibilities not listed below but that support wider business requirements.
- Provide support and training (if required) to the Data Project Officer.
- You will join a friendly, welcoming and sociable work culture where there are many opportunities for continuous personal and professional development, where you will be supported to reach your full potential.
A bit about us:
Local Pensions Partnership Administration (LPPA) is one of the UK’s leading pension administration companies. We strive to deliver the best experience for over 2,100 employers and more than 655,000 members of Local Government, Police and Firefighter pension schemes, keeping them fully informed about their pensions whilst working closely with employers to continuously educate and support them.
What we can offer you:
- Competitive Salary £35k + dependent on experience
- 25 days’ holiday, plus bank holidays and additional concessionary days, with the ability to ‘buy and sell’ leave
- Access to an excellent pension scheme (Local Government Pension Scheme) with generous employer contributions
- Access to our Employee Assistance Programme for when you might need some support
- The opportunity to earn through our Employee Referral Scheme
- Access to our bespoke Reward Discount Scheme – ‘Your Perk Site.’
- Opportunities to attend Wellbeing webinars and social events
- Daily free fruit and snacks available to you in our office
What you will be doing:
- Manage own workload and task lists to ensure deadlines, data quality targets and performance targets are met.
- Managing and supporting ad hoc and VAB projects which include but are not limited to migration of data into UPM, checking accuracy and quality data ahead of migrations, investigating discrepancies on data held in our/clients’ systems and preparing various reports as required.
- Maintain member records to ensure all data and data entry is relevant and accurate, including but not restricted to active and deferred member changes, including;
- Interfacing admissions (new starters), personal changes, changes of hours, scheme movements, notification of absence, opt outs, requesting transfers-in.
- Validate data submissions effectively and promptly in line with relevant deadlines.
- Process or check complex cases where required, ensuring the accuracy of pension calculations produced and general quality of work is too a high standard with minimal issues arising through quality and checking processes.
- Being aware of and having an understanding of the regulations relating to the pensions schemes under administration as well as overriding pension legislation.
- Treat information security with the upmost respect, dealing appropriately with sensitive and confidential information within Service protocol/guidelines.
- Continually review and challenge processes to maximise use of new technology (including UPM) and automation of processes to improve efficiency and accuracy of calculations.
- Support with staff development where required.
- Act as a role model for other staff.
What we need from you:
- To be a highly experienced Pensions Administrator with recent experience in Local government pensions schemes
- Consistent high performer
- In-depth technical knowledge
- Problem solving skills
- Highly accurate working standards
- Highly efficient working methodologies
- Good knowledge of the UPM system
- Pensions qualifications (PMI or equivalent)
- Training experience
- Experience in Local government pensions schemes
Working with and upholding our values:
- Working together
- Committed to excellence
- Doing the right thing
- Forward thinking