We are proud to be a leading independent UK consultancy at the forefront of risk, pensions, investment, and insurance. Each individual delivers on our shared values and our commitment to ensuring the highest levels of trust, integrity, and quality. We aim to continue our growth by recruiting talented and committed individuals that have the desire to learn and develop. We strive to employ staff who share our values and can bring special skills - enhancing the service that we provide to our clients.
At Barnett Waddingham, we are currently recruiting an exciting opportunity for a Senior Pension Administrator to join a growing and enthusiastic team in our Cheltenham, Bristol, Guildford or Birmingham offices (hybrid working, 2 days a week). The successful Senior Pension Administrator will be an experienced and technical individual, with a strong background in DB Pensions administration.
- Carries out complex benefit calculations and tasks and deals with more complex pension queries
- Checks work of other team members, ensuring accuracy and compliance with scheme rules, internal procedures and controls and legislation
- Builds and maintains strong relationships with clients and other stakeholders
- Liaises with authorities including DWP, HMRC, The Pensions Regulator and the Information Commissioner
- Ensures that any concerns or complaints are dealt with correctly, raised immediately and communicated to the client
- Client management responsibilities including the provision of administration services to a significant client or portfolio of clients, supported by the Team Leader
- Opportunity to get involved in new business presentations and help to demonstrate our administration systems to existing and potential clients
- Ideally you'll have a relevant degree, Certificate in Pension Calculations or progress with other PMI examinations
- A strong background in DB pension administration is essential
- A strong understanding of Microsoft Office programmes, in particular Excel, Word and Outlook
- Competitive discretionary annual bonus
- Core benefits paid for by BW including life assurance, group income protection, private medical cover and 25 days holiday per year with holiday trading
- A generous pension scheme where we contribute 8% of your salary from day one of your employment
- Employee Assistance Programme to support you and your family through any concerns or challenges you may experience
- A comprehensive range of voluntary benefits to suit your life stage and lifestyle including a tech scheme, cycle to work scheme, dental cover, healthcare cash plan, health assessments, critical illness cover, extension of private medical cover or life assurance to family members, gym membership, travel insurance and a broad range of discounts at hundreds of retailers including supermarkets, fitness centres, travel and leisure companies
If you have a disability, learning difficulty, medical condition, or individual need, which you believe may affect your performance during our selection process, we’ll be happy to make adjustments to our processes to enable you a fair opportunity to showcase your skills.
Please visit AbilityNet should you benefit from advice on making your device easier to use if you have a disability.
Postal applications should be sent to: Resourcing & Talent Acquisition, Barnett Waddingham, St James's House, St James Square, Cheltenham, Gloucestershire, GL50 3PR
Not quite the right opportunity for you this time?
Follow Barnett Waddingham on LinkedIn in order to receive updates and posts about future opportunities, webinars and industry event invites, industry news and insights, exposure to new connections, BW services and new content.