Our client is a global leader in consultancy services. They are currently seeking a talented DB Pensions Consultant/Client Relationship Manager to join their Wealth Consulting team. Renowned for their dedication to providing top-notch pension solutions and wealth management services, our client offers an unparalleled opportunity to work with a diverse range of clients and make a significant impact in the field. This role can be looked upon as a "lean" consulting role with a strong focus on relationship management.
As an experienced recruitment consultant partnering with our client, we are excited to present this exceptional opportunity for experienced DB Pensions Consultants and Client Relationship Managers. In this role, you will join a dynamic team focused on delivering exemplary service to a portfolio of defined benefit pension scheme clients. Your expertise in governance consulting, scheme management, and client relationship building will be instrumental in driving success for both our client and their valued clientele.
* Manage a portfolio of DB pension scheme clients, providing governance consulting and scheme secretary responsibilities to trustee boards
* Serve as the primary point of contact for client relationships, liaising effectively with other Mercer specialists to ensure seamless delivery of services
* Facilitate client meetings, coordinate governance services, and maintain clear communication with stakeholders
* Understand clients' needs and objectives, offering tailored solutions to enhance revenue and profitability
* Negotiate fees, monitor budgets, and oversee financial aspects related to client management
* Provide guidance and support to junior colleagues, fostering their professional development within the team
* Demonstrated experience in DB pensions, with a focus on governance consulting and scheme management, preferably within consultancy or in-house pensions teams
* Strong understanding of current pension issues and their implications for clients
* Proven ability to cultivate and maintain strong client relationships, coupled with excellent communication and project management skills
* Flexibility and adaptability to thrive in a fast-paced and evolving environment
* Willingness to learn and grow within a dynamic consultancy firm
Preferred Qualifications (but not essential):
* Relevant pensions qualifications or working towards accreditation, such as APMI or equivalent
* Expertise in pensions governance and scheme management
* Enthusiastic, motivated, and committed to delivering exceptional service to clients
* Competitive Benefits Package including generous annual leave, flexible bank holidays, pension contributions, private medical cover, life assurance, and income protection
* Opportunities for career growth and personal development within a globally renowned consultancy firm
* Comprehensive range of flexible benefits, including options for additional holiday days, cycle to work scheme, dental insurance, health assessments, and more
If you are a seasoned pensions professional with a passion for client service and a drive for excellence, we encourage you to explore this exciting opportunity. Please reach out to our recruitment team to discuss how your skills and experience align with the requirements of this role.
Our Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Mission
At IDEX, we strive for an inclusion-first company culture where everyone is treated fairly and can bring their authentic selves to work. We recognise and acknowledge that diverse representation at every level of our business requires continuous and measurable effort. We are committed to driving conscious inclusion across our business and creating equitable pathways.