The Pension Specialist plans, designs and evaluates the service delivery of pension scheme programs and associated benefit plans. They are required to be experts in the provision of Pension administration services within Thames Water, with an in-depth understanding of the pension scheme, the providers and associated stakeholders. Understanding how their role integrates with the wider Reward proposition, they evaluate situations and make decisions using multiple information sources to provide the required standard of service to Pension members to the desired standards.
What you’ll be doing as a Pension Service Delivery Specialist
To manage pension services to meet operational requirements. Monitors operational performance in line with the plan and adjusts processes and procedures to achieve optimal efficiency.
- Monitors operational performance in line with the plan and adjusts processes and procedures to achieve optimal efficiency.
- Provide timely and accurate reporting on Pension service delivery as required by the Pension Manager.
- Optimise operational effectiveness whilst ensuring compliance with key legislation and ensuring that the organisation responds and adapts to its changing needs.
- Build, manage and maintain relationships with stakeholders both internally and externally to continuously improve product and service delivery and encourage innovation.
- Monitors the effects of change within Thames Water and the wider market, identifies opportunities and implements continuous improvement of Pension proposition and service delivery.
- Manage relationships with pensions service suppliers and partner organisations.
Base Location: Clearwater Court, Reading
Working Pattern: 36 hours
What you should bring to the role
- Analytical experience to inform decision-making and create value.
- Attention to detail to ensure accurate records and communication with stakeholders.
- The ability to simply and effectively communicate verbally and in writing to members and respond promptly.
- Certificate in Pension administration or equivalent experience.
- An understanding of regulation and legislation that impacts Pension practice.
- Pensions reporting requirements (government, legislative, annual reports, shareholder, remuneration committee, voluntary reporting etc).
What’s in it for you?
- Competitive salary up to £46,000 per annum.
- Annual Leave - 26 days holiday per year increasing to 30 with the length of service. (Plus bank holidays).
- Contributory pension – Defined Contribution - Maximum of 12% -2x employee contribution.
- Personal Medical Assessments – Open to all once a year.
- Wider benefits scheme including our benefits hub, which is packed full of offers and information to save you money and support your wellbeing.
Who are we?
At Thames Water, our purpose is crystal clear - to deliver life’s essential service so our customers, communities and planet can thrive.
Water is life’s great leveller. Every living thing needs it, every single day. From people to plants, birds to bees, farms to factories, we all need it to thrive, and we’re committed to taking care of it for us all.
But keeping water flowing is becoming harder. From scorching summers to wetter winters, extreme weather affects everything from our pipes to our local rivers. We need to keep millions more kettles boiling, public services operating, washing machines spinning, showers running and more, so every drop is more precious than ever. Are you ready to play your part?
Working at Thames Water
At Thames Water, we recognise that people are at the heart of our business. To help us succeed in providing life's essential service, we need a range of skills and capabilities, representative of society throughout our business.
We seek to attract and retain a cultural mix of people who can offer different but complementary attitudes, values, talents, and knowledge. We understand the importance of appreciating and harnessing the unique skills, experiences, backgrounds, and differences that each individual brings.
Our over-arching diversity and inclusion aim is to ensure Thames Water is a diverse and inclusive great place to work. We encourage applications from everyone and offer extra support for those who need it throughout the recruitment process.
When a crisis happens, we all rally around to support our customers. As part of Team Thames, you’ll have the opportunity to sign up to support our customers on the frontline as an ambassador. Full training will be given for what is undoubtedly an incredibly rewarding experience. It’s also a great opportunity to learn more about our business, meet colleagues and earn some extra money along the way.
Disclaimer: due to the high volume of applications we receive, we may close the advert earlier than the advertised date, so we encourage you to apply as soon as possible to avoid disappointment.