Our core business is the provision of services to trustees of UK occupational pension schemes such as DB, DC, CARE and cash balance. The Pension Administration Business was established in 1993 and we provide a broad range of services including:
- Benefit administration
- Pensioner payroll
- Administration consulting services
- Scheme governance and trustee secretarial
- Bespoke one off projects
- Cash handling and preparing draft accounts
- PPF assessment administration services
- Data audits and data cleansing
- Specialist roles
We are recruiting for an experienced DB pension administrator to join our team. This can be worked on a hybrid basis, sharing time between home and the office. We are looking to recruit a Pension Administrator to join our Amersham office due to planned growth so it is an exciting time to join our firm however we will also consider Guildford (with infrequent travel to Amersham). We would also consider part-time applications from candidates (e.g. wishing to work 4 days per week).
Pension administrators are responsible for the day-to-day administration of pension schemes and make sure that new and existing customers' policies are accurately maintained and serviced. Whether you have pension administration experience already or are looking to move in to it, we have a structured training programme where you will be supported in your learning.
- Manage a portfolio of clients, preparing manual and computer generated benefit calculations and related correspondence
- Carry out and check cash handling functions, liaising with the bank and investment managers as appropriate
- Process and check client pensioner payrolls, including calculation of net pay, arranging payments, liaison with tax offices and preparation of year end returns
- Liaise with authorities including DWP, HMRC, The Pensions Regulator and the Information Commissioner.
- Take responsibility for reading, researching and understanding the documentation relating to each scheme.
- Check work of other team members, ensuring accuracy and compliance.
- Undertake ad-hoc project based or committee work.
- Take responsibility for monitoring the completion of the annual report and accounts within agreed timescales. Attend client meetings and present administration reports.
- As a minimum, GCSE (or equivalent) in Maths and English at grade C / 5 or higher
- Ideally you will hold the Certificate in Pension Calculations or be progressing with other PMI examinations